me too

2003-12-04 03:58:01 AM
off-topic2
Since I received the last round of auto-updates to MS Windows2000, I am experiencing this same problem. In addition, my "File Open" dialog refuses to remember its settings and insists on coming up each time in the "Large Icons" view.
To get around the first problem, you can drag and drop the file you want to view onto the currently running CW - that always works.
"Alan Weir" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
In 7.5.03 if I double click a file that is associated with cw32.exe
sometimes the file is loaded into the currently executing copy of cw32 other
times a new cw32.exe process is started. This new process does not have a
GUI and has to be killed via the task manager. I am running under windows
2000 workstation with service pack 3. I have also seen this behavior on
windows 2003 server. Any ideas?

Re:me too

I have no information on the first problem that would help.
For the second problem see ..
IDENTIFIED ISSUE : File | Open dialog always defaults to 'Large Icons' View.
... in this newsgroup.
--
-- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
"D. Seekins" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Since I received the last round of auto-updates to MS Windows2000, I am
experiencing this same problem. In addition, my "File Open" dialog refuses
to remember its settings and insists on coming up each time in the "Large
Icons" view.

To get around the first problem, you can drag and drop the file you want
to view onto the currently running CW - that always works.

"Alan Weir" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>In 7.5.03 if I double click a file that is associated with cw32.exe
>sometimes the file is loaded into the currently executing copy of cw32
other
>times a new cw32.exe process is started. This new process does not have a
>GUI and has to be killed via the task manager. I am running under windows
>2000 workstation with service pack 3. I have also seen this behavior on
>windows 2003 server. Any ideas?

Re:me too

Hi,
since everybody and his mom seems to start a blog now, I thought I should
mention that I have had one before the word was even created.
www.dummzeuch.de (Deutsch)
www.dummzeuch.de/english.html (English)
I still think of it as my homepage, call me old fashioned, if you like. ;-)
MfG
twm

{smallsort}