Re: BORL

2005-04-29 10:58:26 PM
off-topic16
My guess is that the decline in "newsgroup use" has MORE to do with the
availability of other sources of information that have cropped up since
1991.
In the early 1990's, usenet was VERY popular, because it was one of the only
ways to ask the questions that most programmers had - and at that time the
World Wide Web was virtually non-existent.
Since then the web has exploded and information is much more readily
available - so it stands to reason that people do not use newsgroups as
much as they once did.
(If you charted sales of computer proramming books since 1991, I'm sure that
you would find a similar decline).
cheers,
Michael Mattsson
"Sanford Aranoff" wrote: