Can VBroker 6.5 Client failover with VBroker 4.5.1 Server

2005-11-06 11:20:10 AM
off-topic14
Hi,
I tried to use VisiBroker 6.5 Java client connecting to VisiBroker 4.5.1
Server(C++ Cluster mode) and everything is fine. However, cannot failover
to available server by using osagent.
I turned on the debug mode both in osagent and client sides. Java client
showed "Send DSAClient GET_CLIENT_HANDLER" message to osagent and osagnet
can received same messages, but Java client finally still cannot connect to
server.
Please tell me what problem and how to solve, thanks!

Re:Can VBroker 6.5 Client failover with VBroker 4.5.1 Server

Space wrote:
I tried to use VisiBroker 6.5 Java client connecting to VisiBroker 4.5.1
Server(C++ Cluster mode) and everything is fine. However, cannot failover
to available server by using osagent.

I turned on the debug mode both in osagent and client sides. Java client
showed "Send DSAClient GET_CLIENT_HANDLER" message to osagent and osagnet
can received same messages, but Java client finally still cannot connect
to server.

Please tell me what problem and how to solve, thanks!
Mixing versions of VisiBroker is not really recommended. Substantial
changes were introduced to VisiBroker in version 5 so mixing 4.x and
before with later versions is likely to introduce some incompatibilities,
as you're likely seeing. Is there any possibility that you can upgrade
the C++ server and get a consistent version across the application?
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Can VBroker 6.5 Client failover with VBroker 4.5.1 Server

Sorry, cannot upgrade Server to 6.5.
Any suggestion?
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Space wrote:

>I tried to use VisiBroker 6.5 Java client connecting to VisiBroker 4.5.1
>Server(C++ Cluster mode) and everything is fine. However, cannot failover
>to available server by using osagent.
>
>I turned on the debug mode both in osagent and client sides. Java client
>showed "Send DSAClient GET_CLIENT_HANDLER" message to osagent and osagnet
>can received same messages, but Java client finally still cannot connect
>to server.
>
>Please tell me what problem and how to solve, thanks!

Mixing versions of VisiBroker is not really recommended. Substantial
changes were introduced to VisiBroker in version 5 so mixing 4.x and
before with later versions is likely to introduce some incompatibilities,
as you're likely seeing. Is there any possibility that you can upgrade
the C++ server and get a consistent version across the application?

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:Can VBroker 6.5 Client failover with VBroker 4.5.1 Server

Hi
Please run VisiBroker 6.5 osfind and check if multiple servers are
listed in the output. If the servers are using bind support policy of
BY_POA (which is the default policy), then run osfind with the "-p"
flag so see all the registrations.
Other point to look for is to see in the debug output of client and
osagent whether a new IOR is returned back to the client by osagent
during the failover process. I presume that you are using VisiBroker
6.5 osagent :)
Note that osagent based failover process kicks in when connection to
the current server is lost and the client then tries to rebind to the
server.
HTH
LL

xx wrote:
Sorry, cannot upgrade Server to 6.5.

Any suggestion?
At this point I would suggest you take this up with Borland Support as
they would be better able to create a test environment that might
duplicate the conditions. Be advised, however, that VisiBroker 4.5.1 is
past its end-of-life (version 5.2.1 reaches end-of-life this year) so
there may be limited support available for this problem.