com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object ._object_name() returns null

2005-09-28 03:50:57 AM
off-topic6
We've recently converted from BES 5.2 to BES 6.5. I've discovered that com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object._object_name() in BES 6.5 returns a null. Subsequently I found the following BES 6.0 release note "The method _object_name() in the com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object interface now returns a null value for an object registered with the OSAgent with a BindSupportPolicy of BY_POA."
I need to be able to distiguish the object's name from com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object as this information is being used in a performance interceptor. The repository_id is not sufficient as multiple objects exist under the repository. I was wondering what other options i have for uniquely indenitfying an object via using com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Re:com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object ._object_name() returns null

Hi
One way you could identify your objects uniquely is to search for the
object name in the value returned by the
com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.Object.toString() method. But to avoid a
performance hit you can first check the repository id and then check
for object name.
Another approach could be to make use of hashCode method.
HTH
LL