Re: SOLUTION - CW 7.5 and ClearType

2006-05-02 11:13:06 AM
off-topic15
Andrew,
CodeWright's method for drawing the text in an Edit window is done one character at a time. When you combine this with the CPU expensive process of ClearType, some computers can react slowly. The CodeWright development group a while back turned off ClearType support BUT did leave a method for it to be turned back on. The faster computers found today probably won't have as much problem. Here's the solution I found in an old newsgroup posting:
| It is possible to adjust this behavior through a
| registry entry. If you'd like CodeWright to use ClearType
| anti-aliasing if the OS has this feature turned on, create a
| DWORD value located at
| HKCU/Software/Starbase/CodeWright/Customize named
| FontQuality, and give it a value of 0.
RK
"Andrew Warren" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
When CW 6.5 was run on a Windows XP box, it would render text on LCD
monitors using XP's "ClearType" resolution-enhancing technology. CW 7.5,
though, doesn't seem to use ClearType; instead, it renders unaliased,
spindly, ugly text that's hard (for me) to read.

I tried going to Tools:Customize:Environment and turning off "Fast Screen
Painting", thinking that that might help... But it didn't.

Does anyone know how to convince CW 7.5 to use Windows XP's ClearType to
render text on LCD monitors?

-Andrew

Re:Re: SOLUTION - CW 7.5 and ClearType

Thanks, that did the trick for me!
Roy

"RK" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in:
If you'd like CodeWright to use ClearType anti-aliasing if the OS
has this feature turned on, create a DWORD value located at
HKCU/Software/Borland/CodeWright/Customize named
FontQuality, and give it a value of 0.
RK:
You are a god.
-Andrew