is it possible to install a Starteam server on XP?

2006-09-13 05:36:03 PM
off-topic16
Hi,
(this is a repost from the install.starteam group where unfortunately I
got no answer after one week)
i've got Starteam 2005 Release 2 as delivered with BDS2006.
Reading the installation guide I have seen that theoretically a
Starteam server can only be installed in W2000 or W2003. Is there any
possibility or has anyone tried to install it onto XP Pro?
TIA
--
Best regards :)
Guillem Vicens Meier

Re:is it possible to install a Starteam server on XP?

I believe it works, but it isn't supported as XP is not a server OS.
You will be limited by the XP license as to how many people can
concurrently connect to your machine.
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
I believe it works, but it isn't supported as XP is not a server
OS.
ok
You will be limited by the XP license as to how many people can
concurrently connect to your machine.
won't be a problem I think.
Thanks for your answer Craig :)
--
Best regards :)
Guillem Vicens Meier
Dep. Informática Green Service S.A.
www.clubgreenoasis.com
Contribute to the Indy Docs project: docs.indyproject.org
In order to contact me remove the -nospam

{smallsort}

Re:is it possible to install a Starteam server on XP?

I wouldn't run a production system on XP but I use an XP machine to check
that our backup/restore procedure works properly. The Starteam server seems
to run properly when I'm testing the restored data.
Also, when we had a server hardware failure we ran our Starteam server on
an XP workstation for about 2 weeks until the new server arrived. We didn't
encounter any problems with it during this time.
However, XP isn't supported by Borland so if you are thinking of running it
in production I'd recommend you put it on 2000 server or 2003.
The Brave Sir Robin.
On 13 Sep 2006 02:36:03 -0700, "Guillem"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

(this is a repost from the install.starteam group where unfortunately I
got no answer after one week)

i've got Starteam 2005 Release 2 as delivered with BDS2006.

Reading the installation guide I have seen that theoretically a
Starteam server can only be installed in W2000 or W2003. Is there any
possibility or has anyone tried to install it onto XP Pro?

TIA

--
Best regards :)

Guillem Vicens Meier
Dep. Informática Green Service S.A.
www.clubgreenoasis.com
--
Contribute to the Indy Docs project: docs.indyproject.org
RUN AWAY !!!

Re:is it possible to install a Starteam server on XP?

I have Starteam 2005 R2 Client and Server installed on my laptop running
Windows XP and have not encountered any issues.
Damian

Guillem napsal(a):

(this is a repost from the install.starteam group where unfortunately I
got no answer after one week)

i've got Starteam 2005 Release 2 as delivered with BDS2006.

Reading the installation guide I have seen that theoretically a
Starteam server can only be installed in W2000 or W2003. Is there any
possibility or has anyone tried to install it onto XP Pro?

TIA

StarTeam 2005 R2 works in VMWare. (VMWare Player 1.0.3-34682 + Windows
XP SP2) -- should also work in native WinXP but I didn't try it...
Jirka