Regards. I'm a newbie

2005-08-09 04:27:57 AM
off-topic1
Hallo:
I'm a newbie in this forum... Sorry for my bad English.
I guess that TASM mean "Turbo Assembler".
Long time ago i make programs in Assembler in the nano-computer
ZX-Spectrum and in MS-DOS.
Is it possible to make applications in Windows with TASM?
Regards.
---
Jos?Enrique
jese.info
---

Re:Regards. I'm a newbie

"JESE" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Is it possible to make applications in Windows with TASM?
Yes. The best TASM for Windows is TASM32 v. 5.3 or 5.0. You need also a
linker and a de{*word*81}.
Regards.
---
Jos?Enrique
jese.info
---

Ivan Kossey

{smallsort}

Re:Regards. I'm a newbie

Thanks.
May you send me a little example of file.asm with batch file for
compiling and linking - in TASM32 for Windows - to obtain a file.exe ?
Regards.
---
Jos?Enrique
jese.info
---
"Ivan Kossey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

"JESE" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Is it possible to make applications in Windows with TASM?

Yes. The best TASM for Windows is TASM32 v. 5.3 or 5.0. You need also a
linker and a de{*word*81}.

>Regards.
>---
>Jos?Enrique
>jese.info
>---

Ivan Kossey

Re:Regards. I'm a newbie

May you send me a little example of file.asm with batch file for compiling
and linking - in TASM32 for Windows - to obtain a file.exe ?
-----------HELLOASM.ASM----------
.386p
model flat
HWND_DESKTOP equ 0
MB_OK equ 0
_TEXT segment dword public use32 'CODE'
_TEXT ends
_DATA segment dword public use32 'DATA'
_DATA ends
_BSS segment dword public use32 'BSS'
_BSS ends
; This program does not use _BSS, the unitialized global data segment,
; but is generally needed in programs so I've added it here
DGROUP group _BSS,_DATA
; Declaration of Windows' ascii MessageBox and
; ExitProcess functions
; The linker will find references to them in the import library
extrn MessageBoxA :near
extrn ExitProcess :near
_DATA segment dword public use32 'DATA'
align 1
msg db " Hello World! ",0
mtitle db "Hello Message Box", 0
zero dw 0
align 4
_DATA ends
_TEXT segment dword public use32 'CODE'
WinMain proc near
push ebp ; save EBP register and load stack ptr into it
mov ebp,esp
; MessageBox(HWND_DESKTOP, msg, mtitle, MB_OK);
push MB_OK
push offset mtitle
push offset msg
push HWND_DESKTOP
call MessageBoxA
xor eax,eax ; return value is zero
pop ebp ; restore EBP register value
call ExitProcess
WinMain endp
_TEXT ends
public WinMain
end WinMain
-------------Buildit.Bat---------------
tasm32 /ml /l /zi helloasm
ilink32 /Tpe/aa/Gn/x/c/v helloasm,,,import32
tasm32 options
/ml public symbols are case sensitive
/l create a listing file
/zi generate debug info
ilink32 options
/Tpe generate an exe
/aa GUI program
/Gn don't generate state files (*.il? files)
/x no map file
/c case sensitive linking
/v create debug info
import32.lib import library for what Windows provides
If you have an older version of tasm32 and don't have ilink32.exe then use
tlink32.exe instead and eliminate the "/Gn" from the command line.
. Ed
JESE wrote in message
news:42fa606c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Re:Regards. I'm a newbie