Re: Disappering information (borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using.general)

2007-10-01 03:33:53 AM
off-topic7
Pekka wrote:

Here is a demonstration of the problem discussed. At the moment the
problem is the GPF when the application is closed. What causes it?
<snip>
Your computer and/or software and/or drivers.
Ran it without a hitch on my rig, CRS 2007 compiled, Windows Vista.
--

Re:Re: Disappering information (borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using.general)

Marco Caspers wrote:
Ran it without a hitch on my rig, CRS 2007 compiled, Windows Vista.
But that doesn't mean that it is OK ;)
--
Pieter

Re:Re: Disappering information (borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using.general)

But that doesn't mean that it is OK ;)
I did not have any problems with it either using WinXP pro sp2 but
the only change I made was to Free the ListView in the form destroy.
procedure TMyForm.FormDestroy(Sender: TObject);
begin
ListView.Free;

Dennis Passmore wrote:

>But that doesn't mean that it is OK ;)

I did not have any problems with it either using WinXP pro sp2 but
the only change I made was to Free the ListView in the form destroy.

procedure TMyForm.FormDestroy(Sender: TObject);
begin
ListView.Free;
end;
Not really needed since ListView is owned by the form.
Also see:
Group: borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using.general
Subject: Disappering information
--
Pieter

Pieter Zijlstra wrote:
Marco Caspers wrote:

>Ran it without a hitch on my rig, CRS 2007 compiled, Windows Vista.

But that doesn't mean that it is OK ;)
No, but it means it is not so easy to reproduce.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents."

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

>Marco Caspers wrote:
>
>>Ran it without a hitch on my rig, CRS 2007 compiled, Windows
>>Vista.
>
>But that doesn't mean that it is OK ;)

No, but it means it is not so easy to reproduce.
Correct.
Just for fun put FastMM4 in it in FullDebugMode.
--
Pieter