Re: New web site

2005-06-06 01:43:56 AM
off-topic13
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
I see that the tabs at the top are different for the different sites
behind it.
What do you mean? Can you give me a URL to look at?
Follow-up to bdn.website newsgroup
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Re: New web site

At 19:43:56, 05.06.2005, John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
What do you mean? Can you give me a URL to look at?

Follow-up to bdn.website newsgroup
bdn.borland.com/ Look at the tabs at the very top
www.borland.com/ are the same
But (selected from these tabs):
borland.ewebsmartlink.com/site/catalog/catEducationServices.asp
Totally different
shop.borland.com/ Totally different again
support.borland.com/kbindex.jspa Still the old look and feel.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Inanimate objects can be classified scientifically into three major

Re:Re: New web site

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
At 19:43:56, 05.06.2005, John Kaster (Borland) wrote:

>What do you mean? Can you give me a URL to look at?
>
>Follow-up to bdn.website newsgroup

bdn.borland.com/ Look at the tabs at the very top
www.borland.com/ are the same

But (selected from these tabs):

borland.ewebsmartlink.com/site/catalog/catEducationServices.asp
Totally different
shop.borland.com/ Totally different again
support.borland.com/kbindex.jspa Still the old look and feel.
So is ec.borland.com
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

{smallsort}

Re:Re: New web site

This one does not exist (or the server is down):
cc.borland.com/community/prodcat.aspx
Got to this link through:
cc.borland.com/community/delphi
Then press link for Recent Uploads>Best Techniques
-Atle

Re:Re: New web site

Look's like none of the links in Recent Uploads work. Get server error with
"The resource cannot be found".

Re:Re: New web site

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
borland.ewebsmartlink.com/site/catalog/catEducationServices.asp
Totally different
shop.borland.com/ Totally different again
support.borland.com/kbindex.jspa Still the old look and feel.
Ahh, thanks. Those are out of my control.
--

Atle Smelvfr wrote:

This one does not exist (or the server is down):
cc.borland.com/community/prodcat.aspx
Yeah, I just told Robert about that pattern problem. Thanks. He'll have
it fixed shortly.
--

At 20:03:52, 05.06.2005, Atle Smelvær wrote:
This one does not exist (or the server is down):
cc.borland.com/community/prodcat.aspx

Got to this link through:
cc.borland.com/community/delphi

Then press link for Recent Uploads>Best Techniques

-Atle
At least, now we know that:
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get

Re:Re: New web site

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
This one does not exist (or the server is down):
cc.borland.com/community/prodcat.aspx
This is an invalid URL, But link that created it has been fixed, and
deployed. Now working RecentUploads.aspx problem you mentioned.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Re:Re: New web site

"Florent Ouchet" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
www.borland.com/ seems to have a new design:
- queek access to bdn/support.
- list of country sites.

Really a professional job...
I disagree mainly because of the absolute positioning and the extremely
cheesy clipart. Poor choice of colors for hyperlinks too. Not too bad
otherwise.

Re:Re: New web site

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
Look's like none of the links in Recent Uploads work. Get server
error with "The resource cannot be found".
Fixed and deployed, thanks for the reports.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Re:Re: New web site

"somebody" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
"Florent Ouchet" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
>www.borland.com/ seems to have a new design:
>- queek access to bdn/support.
>- list of country sites.
>
>Really a professional job...
I disagree mainly because of the absolute positioning and the extremely
cheesy clipart. Poor choice of colors for hyperlinks too. Not too bad
otherwise.
Oh, and what's the deal with "nooz_sm.gif"? Yuck!
Also, tabbed links aren't all integrated into the look and feel and
structure.
Overall, it looks like it was deployed too early and will need 3 or 4
service packs to fix. Hmmm, it reminds me of something else, but what?

Re:Re: New web site

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
At 15:21:02, 05.06.2005, Ingvar Nilsen wrote:

>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
>
>>But 127.0.0.1 is generally known as "localhost", and not as
>>"home",
>
>As soon as you start web programming, it will definitely by
>synonymous with home for you too!

I have been doing some web programming, but I still see it as
localhost.
Yes, but the mere fact that such t-shirts exist and a lot of people have
fun of this, shows that it is a common perception!
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re:Re: New web site

"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Florent Ouchet wrote:

>Really a professional job

Glad you like it. Look at bdn.borland.com, too.
Looks mich nicer than the old site. BTW, I just clicked on the pulse to
vote and I see in the status bar of firefox : "Waiting for 127.0.0.1 ..." -
I guess someone forgot to chang a config file or something?
--
Regards
Vincent Parrett

Re:Re: New web site

Robert Love wrote:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
>But (selected from these tabs):
>
>borland.ewebsmartlink.com/site/catalog/catEducationServices.asp
>Totally different
>shop.borland.com/ Totally different again
>support.borland.com/kbindex.jspa Still the old look and feel.

So is ec.borland.com
Huh? I'm missing the borland.com tab temporarily, but I don't think I
have the wrong images.
Are you saying EC's borland-sites tabs look like the ones on one of the
3 sites Rudy listed and not like the ones on www.borland.com/us? That
would be very strange.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]