Steve's blog post formatting

2005-06-16 01:26:21 PM
off-topic15
Steve's blog post looks great from the URL
blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx
Looks ordinary from the main page.
blogs.borland.com/
--
www.jed-software.com

Re:Steve's blog post formatting

JED wrote:
Steve's blog post looks great from the URL

blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx

Looks ordinary from the main page.

blogs.borland.com/
Do you want QC reports for these items?
--

JED wrote:
Steve's blog post looks great from the URL

blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx

Looks ordinary from the main page.

blogs.borland.com/
Steve post has been reformated via CSS to the look and feel of the rest
of the Borlands Site. Each blogger can post any html they want with
any CSS they want on there own blog. If the Styles used on each
individual blog where used on the main page it would not look good.
However, steve is using class="quote" which is specific to his blog, I
can look at adding support for that style to the main page so it looks
better.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

{smallsort}

JED wrote:
JED wrote:

>Steve's blog post looks great from the URL
>
>blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx
>
>Looks ordinary from the main page.
>
>blogs.borland.com/

Do you want QC reports for these items?
Yes! It easier to deal with these in QC. I also don't forgot about
them, like I can newsgroup posts.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

At 07:26:21, 16.06.2005, JED wrote:
Steve's blog post looks great from the URL

blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx

Looks ordinary from the main page.

blogs.borland.com/
If I click on the link in the main page, I get the same as when I choose
the first link you gave. I think it is correct that the main page has a
corporate look, but that the individual blog pages are individual. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed

At 08:14:30, 16.06.2005, Robert Love wrote:
JED wrote:

>Steve's blog post looks great from the URL
>
>blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2005/06/15/9365.aspx
>
>Looks ordinary from the main page.
>
>blogs.borland.com/

Steve post has been reformated via CSS to the look and feel of the rest
of the Borlands Site. Each blogger can post any html they want with
any CSS they want on there own blog. If the Styles used on each
individual blog where used on the main page it would not look good.

However, steve is using class="quote" which is specific to his blog, I
can look at adding support for that style to the main page so it looks
better.
Or Steve could use on of the stock styles, like <cite>, etc. instead.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Life would be so much easier if we could just see the source code."