BDE Error - Too many sessions

2004-01-24 08:35:56 PM
off-topic13
Hi,
I have a multi-tier application whose server uses BDE to connect to a SQL
database. When many clients connect I have a "Too many sessions" error in my
server. I have changed SHAREDMEMSIZE to 16000 but I get only 63 simultaneos
connections. Is there a way to increase this? If not is there a way an
example how to pool connections with BDE?
I have to trap this exception in my server to how can I do thar? ex:
try
except
on ???? do
end;
Tia
Henrique

Re:BDE Error - Too many sessions

Henrique Mundim wrote:
When many clients connect I have a "Too many sessions" error in my server. I
have changed SHAREDMEMSIZE to 16000 but I get only 63 simultaneos
connections.
that's an interesting number.. the limit is 48 concurrent sessions.. if the BDE
is installed locally, that means 48 sessions from that machine.. if the BDE is
installed on the server, that means 48, period..
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE Error - Too many sessions

========
General BDE Limitations
========
48 Clients in system
32 Sessions per client
(3.5 and earlier, 16 Bit, 32 Bit)
256 Sessions per client
(4.0 & later, 32 Bit)
64 Sessions with a cursor open per client
(4.0 & later, 32 Bit)
32 Open databases per session
(3.5 and earlier, 16 Bit, 32 Bit)
2048 Open databases per session
(4.0 & later, 32 Bit)
32 Loaded drivers
64 Sessions in system
(3.5 and earlier, 16 Bit, 32 Bit)
12288 Sessions in system
(4.0 & later, 32 Bit)
4000 Cursors per session
16 Entries in error stack
8 Table types per driver
16 Field types per driver
8 Index types per driver
48K Size of configuration (IDAPI.CFG) file
64K Max size of SQL statement (RequestLive=False)
4K Max size of SQL statement (RequestLive=True)
6K Max size of SQL statement (RequestLive=True)
(BDE 4.01&later)
16K Record buffer size (SQL and ODBC)
31 Table and field name size in characters
64 Stored procedure name size in characters
16 Fields in key
3 File extension size in characters
260 Table name length in characters
(some servers might have other limits)
260 Path and file name length in characters
260 Index name length (including pseudo-indexes)
204 Setting for MEMSIZE in BDE Administrator
127 Tables with cached updates applied
(BDE 4.0 & earlier, 32 Bit)
254 Tables with cached updates applied
(BDE 4.01 & later, 32 Bit)
380 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with Interbase
254 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with Oracle
500 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with Informix
252 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with MSSQL
250 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with ODBC, Sybase
253 Maximum number of fields in Table for
DbiCreateTable with DB2
408 Maximum number of fields used in an Interbase
Table
1000000 Maximum number of bytes per blob for ODBC
`?.`?.`?>rodney

{smallsort}

Re:BDE Error - Too many sessions

Rodney Wise wrote:
48 Clients in system
that's the one Bill and I were pointing at..