Board index » off-topic » What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?


2004-09-27 06:59:00 PM
off-topic2
I'm getting an error code of 15 from DbiOpenBlob() which I can't find
documented anywhere. DbiGetErrorString() doesn't return anything for it.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thx,
JF
 
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

All the BDE errors are listed at
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html
JF wrote:
Quote
I'm getting an error code of 15 from DbiOpenBlob() which I can't find
documented anywhere. DbiGetErrorString() doesn't return anything for it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx,
JF

 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

In article <41585e04$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Quinn Wildman) wrote:
Quote
All the BDE errors are listed at
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html
Thanks, but those start at 8449, I'm getting an error code of 15 !
JF
 

{smallsort}

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

Which means that it is not a BDE error. It may be a Windows error of
some kind, although it is strange that no message is displayed.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
JF wrote:
Quote
In article <41585e04$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Quinn Wildman) wrote:

>All the BDE errors are listed at
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html

Thanks, but those start at 8449, I'm getting an error code of 15 !

JF
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

It's been some time since I had to deal with these errors, but as I
recall the error, it had 2 pieces. One is the error code and one is
something else. When you get these two pieces together, the BDE error
listing should make sense.
JF wrote:
Quote
In article <41585e04$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Quinn Wildman) wrote:


>All the BDE errors are listed at
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html


Thanks, but those start at 8449, I'm getting an error code of 15 !

JF

 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

It might help if you would post the complete and exact text of the
error message.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
JF wrote:
Quote
In article <41585e04$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Quinn Wildman) wrote:

>All the BDE errors are listed at
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html

Thanks, but those start at 8449, I'm getting an error code of 15 !

JF
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Bill Todd) wrote:
Quote
It might help if you would post the complete and exact text of the
error message.
As I said in the original post, it's just an error code of 15 from
DbiOpenBlob(). DbiGetErrorString() doesn't return anything for it.
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

Sorry. I have no idea what that means.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
JF wrote:
Quote
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Bill Todd)
wrote:

>It might help if you would post the complete and exact text of the
>error message.

As I said in the original post, it's just an error code of 15 from
DbiOpenBlob(). DbiGetErrorString() doesn't return anything for it.
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

We changed the MEMSIZE and SHAREDMEMSIZE values for the BDE and this
caused an error - Insufficient memory for shared memory. So we moved the
shared memory buffer by changing SHAREDMEMLOCATION to 6BDE as recommended
elsewhere on this group and this seems to have worked!
 

Re:What is error 15 from DbiOpenBlob?

Interesting. Thanks for letting us know what solved the problem.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
JF wrote:
Quote
We changed the MEMSIZE and SHAREDMEMSIZE values for the BDE and this
caused an error - Insufficient memory for shared memory. So we moved
the shared memory buffer by changing SHAREDMEMLOCATION to 6BDE as
recommended elsewhere on this group and this seems to have worked!