Re: QC Client in D2006

2006-01-21 08:31:47 AM
off-topic4
In article <43c25cef$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...

In BDS2006 QC Client v1.0.1.14, freshly installed from CD:
Every time trying to log in, get

---------------------------
Quality Central
---------------------------
Access violation at address 0060B5A6 in module 'coBugCGI.exe'. Read of address 00000007.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Any ideas? Is this client broken?

TIA,

Kristofer
Having precisely the same problem in D2005. Looked up Google groups with
the precise AV code, which is how I found your message :) Pulling the
the QC client standalone does not work, either (same AV).
Now, there's an odd issue logging in when I'm on the QC website in the
first place. It recognizes me, but when I'm on the page
qc.borland.com/qc/wc/qcmain.aspx after logging in, I get an
error page:
'An error occurred in the application:
The exception type is:
Unknown
The message that came along with the exception is:
An error occurred outside the control of the main request/response
moduleprocess.
You were attempting to access this link:
You probably can use your "Back" button to return to where you were
before the error occurred, or simply return to Home Page.'
Something related to that may be what's tripping up the server.
I went into My Account, changed the password (as per a few things I've
seen on the forum), logged out (if I don't logout, the error persists),
and then re-login.
...and now it works, both the web page and the QC client.
I'm guessing the two problems are highly related to one another :)
Ritchie Annand
Senior Software Architect
Decision Dynamics Technology Ltd.
ddytech.com
Personal: nimblebrain.net
Blog: blogs.nimblebrain.net

Re:Re: QC Client in D2006

Ritchie Annand wrote:
Having precisely the same problem in D2005. Looked up Google groups
with the precise AV code, which is how I found your message :)
Pulling the the QC client standalone does not work, either (same AV).
You are still experiencing this with the Windows client?
One difficulty in determining whether the problem is fixed or not is
the dismaying frequency with which we've had network problems over the
last several months. I'm still working with our IS dept to find out why
this is happening so often.
Now, there's an odd issue logging in when I'm on the QC website in
the first place. It recognizes me, but when I'm on the page
qc.borland.com/qc/wc/qcmain.aspx after logging in, I get
an error page:
The URL you provide *is* the error page. What about
qc.borland.com, which should automatically redirect you to the
qcmain.aspx page?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com