Please re-open QC #9783

2006-10-12 02:55:58 AM
off-topic4
This was reported as a problem in BDS2005 but was closed by John Kaster with
comment "Cannot Reproduce". But this problem still happens to me frequently
in BDS2006 with Update 2 and all hotfixes applied.
Thank you,
--Rob Roberts

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

Rob Roberts wrote:
This was reported as a problem in BDS2005 but was closed by John
Kaster with comment "Cannot Reproduce".
FWIW, it was closed by someone else, but at that time I was running the
batch updates so I'm "credited" with the closure.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

John,
>This was reported as a problem in BDS2005 but was closed by John
>Kaster with comment "Cannot Reproduce".

FWIW, it was closed by someone else, but at that time I was running the
batch updates so I'm "credited" with the closure.
OK, but I wasn't trying to "blame" you. I was just trying to get the issue
re-opened.
--Rob Roberts

{smallsort}

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

John,
Rob, Please make it easier for us to see the referenced report
by giving a link like
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
OK, I'll do that in the future. (I was searching for the issue using the
Quality Central Windows client, not the web client. But I'll provide the
web link in the future.)
By the way, I see no mention of BDS2005 in that report.
The reports states that the problem is in Delphi version 9.0. Isn't that
BDS2005?
--Rob Roberts

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

>>This was reported as a problem in BDS2005 but was closed by John
I suggest creating a new report preferably with a reproducible
test project attached. If it is not 100% reproducible, then
even a project of the same style .inc usage, as the project that
fails, would be helpful. Also, do any actions in the IDE seem
to contribute to the failure; such as opening a file in many
different ways, e.g. code browsing, de{*word*81} breaks, "open
file at cursor", structure view, etc.?
You can add a comment in the new report that it seems
to be the same as 9783.
--Craig

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

Rob Roberts wrote:
OK, but I wasn't trying to "blame" you. I was just trying to get the
issue re-opened.
Sure, understood. Just clarifying that it really wasn't my opinion. I
was truly just the messenger in this case ;)
--

Rob Roberts wrote:
(I was searching for the issue using the Quality Central Windows
client, not the web client. But I'll provide the web link in the
future.)
FWIW, the latest Windows client supports web interface bookmarks.
--

"Rob Roberts" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
This was reported as a problem in BDS2005 but was closed ...
with comment "Cannot Reproduce". But this problem still happens
Rob, Please make it easier for us to see the referenced report
by giving a link like
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
By the way, I see no mention of BDS2005 in that report.
Rgds, JohnH

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

John,
FWIW, the latest Windows client supports web interface bookmarks.
How does that work? I think I've got the most recent version (1.0.1.18),
but I don't see anything relating to web interface bookmarks.
--Rob Roberts

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

Rob Roberts wrote:
How does that work? I think I've got the most recent version
(1.0.1.18), but I don't see anything relating to web interface
bookmarks.
Hi Rob,
You may also want to try my client to see if that works for you. Some
folks like it and others don't.
In my client there is an option to copy a Report Summary to the
clipboard. Just right click on the report you are viewing and select
Copy ->Report Summary from the menu. There are a number of other copy
options.
Summaries look like this:
Report No: 10268 ( RAID: 220052 ) Status: Open
Add property filtering to the Object Inspector
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
No harm in trying <g>
www.jed-software.com/qc.htm
www.jed-software.com/qc_screen.htm
www.jed-software.com/qc_download.htm
Forgive the website it is a little out of date but be assured it gets
compiled almost everyday (just not released (publicly) that often).
I really should update the website but I am busily creating a What's
Changed document from the current public release to what I use (and
will be released shortly) and it is a little daunting since it is so
large.
I've uploaded a screenshot into the attachments group (same subject as
this message) that identifies the Report Summary button on the toolbar.
You can also actually create QC reports against my client when you find
bugs. There are a few since 99% of the components used I've written
myself (or are plain VCL ones). You just select the JED Client platform
in the QualityCentral project.
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

Re:Please re-open QC #9783

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
--Rob Roberts

Rob Roberts wrote:
How does that work? I think I've got the most recent version
(1.0.1.18), but I don't see anything relating to web interface
bookmarks.
Sorry, should have answered your question as well.
There is a Copy to Clipboard menu item in the Reports menu