Project file grouping

2004-01-06 03:30:46 AM
off-topic11
I'm using 7.5.4. Working with projects, is it possible to group files
within a filter? I'm working on a project that has ~300 items in "Web
Files", and I'd like to be able to further sub-group them, rather than have
it be just a flat list.
Any suggestions appreciated!
- Kirk

Re:Project file grouping

I have two categories of .asp files in one of my projects. The names are of
the form:
tlaXxxxx.asp
tlaXxxxxCode.asp
tlaYyyyy.asp
tlaYyyyyCode.asp
I have two filters that define:
Description - Web-Code
Pattern - *Code.asp
Description - Web
Pattern - *.asp
The result is that the files are listed as:
Web-Code
tlaXxxxxCode.asp
tlaYyyyyCode.asp
Web
tlaXxxxx.asp
tlaYyyyy.asp
The only restriction is that the more general pattern must follow the more
specific pattern.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:30:46 -0600, Kirk Klobe wrote:
I'm using 7.5.4. Working with projects, is it possible to group files
within a filter? I'm working on a project that has ~300 items in "Web
Files", and I'd like to be able to further sub-group them, rather than have
it be just a flat list.
Instead of only file names with wildcards, you can use whole path fragments
in the filters. For example, sometimes I use a filter like "Common\*.c" for
the files in the Common sub directory.
Gerhard

{smallsort}