Re: TO Jon Lennart Aasenden : Smoot PolyBezier Line

2005-10-23 08:26:02 PM
off-topic7
Hi Roy,
Interesting to see you've used my DP unit for the line simplification :)
One improvement I can think of is this: Now you always create a gradient
direction that is continuous over the start/end of the bezier curves, but
perhaps you could recognise "cusps", e.g. start/end sections that are sharp,
and then use a separate gradient left and right.
My compliments for the bezier incremental method, nicely done to avoid
multiplications :)
Nils
"Roy M Klever" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

Here is some code I made out of this link:

www.antigrain.com/research/bezier_interpolation/index.html

Kind Regards
Roy Magne Klever

Re:Re: TO Jon Lennart Aasenden : Smoot PolyBezier Line

Hi Nils,
Interesting to see you've used my DP unit for the line simplification :)
Yours was MPL the one I use is part of ImageEn so I could not distribute
it :). I like your code and ideas and as I see it you are respected in
the graphic communite so going with a unit from you would be safe :)
One improvement I can think of is this: Now you always create a gradient
direction that is continuous over the start/end of the bezier curves, but
perhaps you could recognise "cusps", e.g. start/end sections that are sharp,
and then use a separate gradient left and right.
I have noted it, thanks.
My compliments for the bezier incremental method, nicely done to avoid
multiplications :)
Well I can not take credit for it since I borrowed it from the link I
provided.
Kind Regards
Roy Magne Klever