Archive old Change Requests

2007-08-01 10:00:15 PM
off-topic17
Hi,
Is there any best practice how to archive old Change Requests?
We have more than 10.000 CR's in the actual view. I want to reduce the
number by archiving all old closed Change Requests.
br.
Christian

Re:Archive old Change Requests

"Christian Wirth" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Is there any best practice how to archive old Change Requests?
We have more than 10.000 CR's in the actual view. I want to reduce the
number by archiving all old closed Change Requests.
What exactly is your problem? IMHO there's no need to do any archiving.
You don't have to see all that CR's all the time, when you use the right
filters and queries. Do you know you can define your own filters and
queries? It is even possible to define a query which leaves out all the
Closed CR's, and define filters using that query.
Have a look at the chapter "Managing Data in the Upper Pane" in the User's
Guide.
Tiedo

Re:Archive old Change Requests

Even with filters, it can become a slow process to open a folder that has
tons of CRs in them (We have over 18000).
We created a special folder in a special project called _CompletedChanges.
We move the completed CRs there to get them out of the way and speed up the
process of looking for active CRs. If we need one of the older one, we know
where to find them.
news:46b091b9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi,
>
>Is there any best practice how to archive old Change Requests?
>We have more than 10.000 CR's in the actual view. I want to reduce the
>number by archiving all old closed Change Requests.

What exactly is your problem? IMHO there's no need to do any archiving.
You don't have to see all that CR's all the time, when you use the right
filters and queries. Do you know you can define your own filters and
queries? It is even possible to define a query which leaves out all the
Closed CR's, and define filters using that query.

Have a look at the chapter "Managing Data in the Upper Pane" in the User's
Guide.

Tiedo

{smallsort}