TurboPascal 5.5 for education

2006-04-12 09:03:36 PM
off-topic15
I would like to ask Borland if I can use TurboPascal 5.5 for educational
purpose. There´s an explicit restriction in TurboPascal home page
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,20803,00.html as follow :
" ...
These historical files are provided to the Borland community free of charge.
They may be downloaded and used "as is" for personal use only. No developer
support is provided. Each individual product contains copyright notices that
are still in forcee historical files are provided to the Borland community
free of charge. They may be downloaded and used "as is" for personal use
only. No developer support is provided. Each individual product contains
copyright notices that are still in force ..."
I teach Pascal at Catolic Universit in Salvador, state of Bahia - Brazil.
Hamilton Sobrinho

Re:TurboPascal 5.5 for education

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:03:36 -0300, "Hamilton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
I would like to ask Borland if I can use TurboPascal 5.5 for educational
purpose.
Or you could consider using FreePascal.
www.freepascal.org
IMO, there's too many problems with TurboPascal in any recent system
to really be bothering with it.

Re:TurboPascal 5.5 for education

In article <443cfaa8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "Hamilton"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I would like to ask Borland if I can use TurboPascal 5.5 for educational
purpose. There´s an explicit restriction in TurboPascal home page
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,20803,00.html as follow :

" ...

These historical files are provided to the Borland community free of charge.
They may be downloaded and used "as is" for personal use only. No developer
support is provided. Each individual product contains copyright notices that
are still in forcee historical files are provided to the Borland community
free of charge. They may be downloaded and used "as is" for personal use
only. No developer support is provided. Each individual product contains
copyright notices that are still in force ..."

I teach Pascal at Catolic Universit in Salvador, state of Bahia - Brazil.
Well it seems to me that you could start lesson 1 by telling the students
how to download TP, and then getting them to do it.
Then every student would have their own copy that they downloaded for their
own personal use, which seems perfectly within the stated limits.
Though it doesn't seem to stretch it *too* far by you or some technician
downloading them onto school computers for the personal use of the student
who will sit at that computer..

{smallsort}