Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

2007-12-20 08:00:33 AM
off-topic9
Goran Ekstrom wrote:
Any idea why? Getting an "EDBEngineError in module VCLBDE50.bpl",
BDE error code $3E06 message. Database Desktop also fails with "Could
not initialize DE, cannot load language driver" message.

Thanks
Goran
FWIW, $3E06 is "cannot load language driver".
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

Any idea why? Getting an "EDBEngineError in module VCLBDE50.bpl",
BDE error code $3E06 message. Database Desktop also fails with "Could not
initialize DE, cannot load language driver" message.
Thanks
Goran

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

>BDE error code $3E06 message. Database Desktop also fails with "Could
>not initialize DE, cannot load language driver" message.
^^^^
FWIW, $3E06 is "cannot load language driver".

{smallsort}

"Goran Ekstrom" <goran!removeantispam!@closetalk.se>wrote in message
>>BDE error code $3E06 message. Database Desktop also fails with "Could
>>not initialize DE, cannot load language driver" message.
^^^^

>FWIW, $3E06 is "cannot load language driver".

Hi Goran,
I have sometimes noticed that when installing the BDE a second time (to a
different location), the registry settings get messed up. This is especially
true when going from say BDE3 to BDE5 as some files have totally different
filenames. SO I suggest you have a look in the Registry and make sure it
looks ok.
Leslie.

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

SO I suggest you have a look in the Registry and make sure it looks ok.
OK, how do you know it's "messed up" and what do you do if it is? This
systems Borland history is BCB5 Pro. installed, BDS2006 installed, BDS2006
removed, RAD2007 installed. Any problems there?
Thanks
Goran

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

It is the removal of BDS2006 that casues it, anyone now how to restore BDE
or what it actually is that causes it?

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

Will reinstalling BCB5 over the existing one "repair it"?

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

BDEADMIN is gone from the system.

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

One way to fix the problem without having to reinstall anything else is
as follows.
1) Delete the BDE directory.
2) Delete the BDE registry key - HKLM\Software\Borland\Database Engine
3) Go to ibinstall.defined.net and install the BDE Info utility.
This installs BDE 5.2 including all of the SQL Link drivers.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

Installing RAD2007 does not fix it.

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

Installing the "BDE Information Utility" restored BDE. Anyone with a little
insight in why an app such as BDS of all chooses to remove such a vital
functionality that other Borland tools depend on? I mean, shouldn't there be
some dependency functionality in the uninstallation functionalities that
stops th removal of components/engines/etc. until noone needs it?
Thanks
Goran

Re:Re: Installed RAD2007 on a system with BCB5, now Database Explorer wont start

1) Delete the BDE directory.
2) Delete the BDE registry key - HKLM\Software\Borland\Database Engine
3) Go to ibinstall.defined.net and install the BDE Info utility.
This installs BDE 5.2 including all of the SQL Link drivers.
Thanks Bill, only did step 3, seemed to work anyway and now it's all there
again. Back to work...