Login trouble

2005-05-03 04:05:29 PM
off-topic1
BDN and QC seem to disagree about my identity.
In the past, I have used my business e-mail address for BDN and my private
address for QC. I would like to change it now, and use the same address for
both because my private e-mail address is no longer in use.
My problem is, that when I login successfully to BDN, QC tells me I'm
not logged
in. I can't seem to edit my profile anywhere in QC.
Am I stuck with this old e-mail address forever?
--
Arthur Hoornweg
(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"

Re:Login trouble

Hi:
I am not sure what you are using for the QC client but if you are using
the windows client you can use file | login and use your old email
address and password to get into qc. You can then use view|options to
change your email address to whatever you like.
You can pick up the windows client from qc.borland.com
There is a move a foot to make your BDN Login the same as your QC
login. I am not sure what the timing is for this to be release but I
would suspect in the next month or so...but that is just my guessing.
hth
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Login trouble

Robert Schieck (TeamB) schreef:
There is a move a foot to make your BDN Login the same as your QC
login. I am not sure what the timing is for this to be release but I
would suspect in the next month or so...but that is just my guessing.
that may cause some problems. QC and BDN have different maximum password
lengths.
--
Arthur Hoornweg
(In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net"
from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact
including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to
counteract unsollicited mail.)

{smallsort}

Re:Login trouble

Arthur Hoornweg wrote:
that may cause some problems. QC and BDN have different maximum
password lengths.
Well actually, what is going to happen, is when you put in your email
address and password, they will be validated against the BDN membership
database so the QC stuff won't even be looked at.
However, I will have to check the size of the password dialog box on QC
to make sure it is big enough.
thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Login trouble

Arthur Hoornweg wrote:
Robert Schieck (TeamB) schreef:

>There is a move a foot to make your BDN Login the same as your QC
>login. I am not sure what the timing is for this to be release but I
>would suspect in the next month or so...but that is just my
>guessing.

that may cause some problems. QC and BDN have different maximum
password lengths.
blogs.borland.com/johnk/archive/2005/04/13/3868.aspx
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re:Login trouble

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
blogs.borland.com/johnk/archive/2005/04/13/3868.aspx
hasn't been switched yet. I want to make sure the clients are updated
with information about why they might not be able to login any more,
including telling the user how to retrieve their BDN password.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com