Attachments must be ZIP files? or not?

2006-03-17 07:04:29 PM
off-topic9
I've logged this issue as QC26205 but it seems I've got it all wrong about
attachments.
What's the real story? Do you have to upload all attachments as ZIP files or
not?
If so, why is it allowed to select different file types that "ZIP" in the
add attachment dialogue?
--
Kristofer

Re:Attachments must be ZIP files? or not?

In article <441a97bd$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Kristofer Skaug" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What's the real story? Do you have to upload all attachments as ZIP files or
not?
If so, why is it allowed to select different file types that "ZIP" in the
add attachment dialogue?
7787 says that only allowing zip files is "as designed" behavior. I
would think it would be better to add a suggestion to mask out anything
other than zip files in the dialog box.
--
-David

David Dean wrote:
7787 says that only allowing zip files is "as designed" behavior. I
would think it would be better to add a suggestion to mask out
anything other than zip files in the dialog box.
OK fine. Some anonymous person has now closed the report as duplicate of
7787...
--
Kristofer

{smallsort}

Re:Attachments must be ZIP files? or not?

In article <441b5866$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Kristofer Skaug" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
OK fine. Some anonymous person has now closed the report as duplicate of
7787...
Not so anonymous... If you subscribe to Area notifications, or had
email tracking on and had this report tracked, you would have been
notified of the change, and be told that it was me.
--
-David

David Dean wrote:
it would be better to add a suggestion to mask out
anything other than zip files in the dialog box.
Posted as bug report QC26234 (it's a UI bug IMO).
--

David Dean wrote:
7787 says that only allowing zip files is "as designed" behavior. I
would think it would be better to add a suggestion to mask out
anything other than zip files in the dialog box.
Depends which client you use actually.
--
** Compact Framework IDE support for Delphi 2005 - Now Available **
Latest information: jedqc.blogspot.com

JED wrote:

Depends which client you use actually.
LOL. But my QC report is aimed at the Borland QC client only. :-)
--

Kristofer Skaug wrote:
JED wrote:

>Depends which client you use actually.

LOL. But my QC report is aimed at the Borland QC client only. :-)
I was looking at my client yesterday actually as I created a new
report. I totally forget that I added menu items that allow you to grab
the clipboard image and add it as an attachment or if a filename is on
the clipboard it will zip up that file and add it as an attachment to
the report.
I do however add a couple of suggestions (to myself of course) to
display a prompt and combine attachments if one already exists.
The functionality mentioned above is on the context menu for the
attachments page when viewing a report. There are other attachment
enhancements when adding a report as well. Such as automatically adding
the image that is currently on the clipboard to the report.
--
www.jed-software.com
jedqc.blogspot.com

JED wrote:
I was looking at my client yesterday actually as I created a new
report. I totally forget that I added menu items that allow you to
grab the clipboard image and add it as an attachment or if a filename
is on the clipboard it will zip up that file and add it as an
attachment to the report.
Nice. It replaces the current attachment, or adds/replaces the file in
the current attachment? (If said attachment exists.)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Nice. It replaces the current attachment, or adds/replaces the file in
the current attachment? (If said attachment exists.)
Currently it will replace. However the next release will combine a new
attachment with any existing attachments.
There might even be a new menu item added called "Replace Attachment".
Where Replace attachment would overwrite existing attachments and "Add
Attachment" would combine the new attachment with the existing
attachments.
--
www.jed-software.com
jedqc.blogspot.com

JED wrote:
There might even be a new menu item added called "Replace Attachment".
Where Replace attachment would overwrite existing attachments and "Add
Attachment" would combine the new attachment with the existing
attachments.
Yeah, I had that on my list for the Java client. You can get close to
that w/ the Java client now, but it's still two steps.