Assign category to automatic reports?

2007-10-26 08:38:23 PM
off-topic1
Hello,
is it possible to assign the correct category in QC for automatically
generated reports (the ones that are send from within Delphi IDE).
I had created a report today and when i look into QC i see that it is marked
as private and has no category assigned (i described what i have done in the
text but it would be nice to assign it to the correct category)
Ciao,
Ralf

Re:Assign category to automatic reports?

Ralf Kaiser presented the following explanation :
Hello,

is it possible to assign the correct category in QC for automatically
generated reports (the ones that are send from within Delphi IDE).

I had created a report today and when i look into QC i see that it is marked
as private and has no category assigned (i described what i have done in the
text but it would be nice to assign it to the correct category)

You should be able to edit the report and assign
the category.
I assume you mean that you want to be able to assign
the category from the embedded client.
Brad.

"Brad White" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag

You should be able to edit the report and assign
the category.
I assume you mean that you want to be able to assign
the category from the embedded client.
No. I am not able to edit it. It is an automatic incident report and it is
marked as private. Other reports i submitted manually can be edited but for
the automated reports the link "Edit this report" is missing.
Thats why i asked!
Ciao,
Ralf

{smallsort}

Ralf Kaiser wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to assign the correct category in QC for automatically
generated reports (the ones that are send from within Delphi IDE).

I had created a report today and when i look into QC i see that it is marked
as private and has no category assigned (i described what i have done in the
text but it would be nice to assign it to the correct category)

Ciao,
Ralf

It already has the correct, a private category assigned to it which is why you
don't see it. No QC report can go into the database without an category.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.

Re:Assign category to automatic reports?

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Ralf Kaiser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
No. I am not able to edit it. It is an automatic incident report and it is
marked as private. Other reports i submitted manually can be edited but for
the automated reports the link "Edit this report" is missing.
I assume you are using the web client. The thick clients should not
have this limitation.
--
-David

Re:Assign category to automatic reports?

"David Dean [CodeGear]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Ralf Kaiser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>No. I am not able to edit it. It is an automatic incident report and it
>is
>marked as private. Other reports i submitted manually can be edited but
>for
>the automated reports the link "Edit this report" is missing.

I assume you are using the web client. The thick clients should not
have this limitation.
Oh, i did not know that. I have always used the web client.
Thanks for the tip. Just tried it with the client version that was installed
with D2007 (why didn't i look into the tools menu before??) and it is
possible to edit the entry and assign the correct category!
Thanks,
Ralf