question about sharing

2006-02-03 07:34:34 AM
off-topic4
If I create a new file in a maintenance view, and I then want that file to
be in the main view, how should I go about it?
Right now, using View Compare/Merge, I click on the new file and select
share. It occurred to me that perhaps that might not be the best thing to
do...
I could copy the file(s) to my working folder and check them in to the main
view that way, but that also seems like a bad idea.
-Corinna

Re:question about sharing

Sharing is the right thing to do.
Double-check the view property "set items shared into this view to branch on
change"
you want that checked!

"David Hegland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Sharing is the right thing to do.

Double-check the view property "set items shared into this view to branch
on change"

you want that checked!

Aha! Thank you. The box was unchecked. I think that explains the strange
behavior I saw recently. I thought I was losing my memory...
-Corinna

{smallsort}