Project state by date

2006-11-17 07:04:35 AM
off-topic13
Is there any way to create a View which will show the files in a project on
a certain date?
That is, when I point to a View it would show me the file versions that were
"current" on 27Sep2006?
I can work my way though history file by file, but this seems like such an
obvious function that I figure I've just missed how to do it.
Thanks
Dan

Re:Project state by date

You can do "View - Select configuration - Configuration as of" to select a specific version.

Dan Barclay wrote:
Is there any way to create a View which will show the files in a
project on a certain date?
Yes, but you don't need to. As Josep points out, you can easily look
at *any* view as it existed at that certain date.
However, if you must create a separate view for this, specify
"Configuration as of..." when you get to the configuration step, and
use security to prevent anyone from changing the view.
Useful articles about InterBase development:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/category/21.aspx

{smallsort}

Re:Project state by date

Well, SON OF A GUN. That was easy. I can't tell you how many times I
wanted to do that over the last few years and couldn't find it. I thought
configuration had something to do with how Starteam options were set up.
Right in front of my nose, as usual<g>.
Thanks for the info on locking the selection down, but I was really
interested in doing it as a snapshot so wht Josep suggested is perfect.
Dan
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
However, if you must create a separate view for this, specify
"Configuration as of..." when you get to the configuration step, and
use security to prevent anyone from changing the view.
Bad advice from me. A read-only reference view would make more sense
if this is a need.
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa