idl structure persisted to disk...

2006-07-21 04:24:39 PM
off-topic16
Hi,
this is a long shot. We're looking at persisting all our IDL defined structured in flat files. Basically when our servers our down, we will have continued service via persisted data.
Is there any quick and fast way to do this? Are any of the streaming operators generated by the IDL compiler useable in this context? I suspect not, however I'd like to try.
Has anybody done anything similar in this area (I suspect lots have). Right now my intention is to take extract the results of remote invocations in a portable interceptor and to persist them in the background as our clients run.
Any silver bullets out there?
thanks and have a nice day.

Re:idl structure persisted to disk...

grahamo wrote:

this is a long shot. We're looking at persisting all our IDL defined
structured in flat files. Basically when our servers our down, we will
have continued service via persisted data.

Is there any quick and fast way to do this? Are any of the streaming
operators generated by the IDL compiler useable in this context? I suspect
not, however I'd like to try.

Has anybody done anything similar in this area (I suspect lots have).
Right now my intention is to take extract the results of remote
invocations in a portable interceptor and to persist them in the
background as our clients run.

Any silver bullets out there?
The IDL structures map to Java objects that have the java.io.Serializable
interface. You could try serializing that.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.