Getting ERROR: "to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $210D)"

2005-05-19 07:48:10 PM
off-topic0
Hi All
I've got several Delphi 7's running. In one I can connect to my database via
a TDatabase component. I have used that same TDatabase component in a new
app's data modules but when I try to connect I get the message:
"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $210D)"
and sometimes a
"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $2501)"
Why is this?
Thanks

Re:Getting ERROR: "to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $210D)"

Just install the BDE on computer
"ABF" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi All

I've got several Delphi 7's running. In one I can connect to my database
via
a TDatabase component. I have used that same TDatabase component in a new
app's data modules but when I try to connect I get the message:

"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $210D)"

and sometimes a

"An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $2501)"

Why is this?

Thanks

Re:Getting ERROR: "to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $210D)"

The errors are "shared memory conflict" and "insufficient memory to
complete this operation" respectively.
I assume that "several Delphi 7's running" means several programs
created with Delphi7 not several instances of the Delphi 7 IDE. You
need to change the SharedMemLocation and SharedMemSize in the BDE
Administrator. Try 0x5BDE and 4096. If that does not work try some of
the other locations suggested in the on-line help.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}