CodeWright 7.5.5 "Cant copy/move file .. cwright.ini"

2005-05-20 01:41:42 AM
off-topic2
I have just started to get an error message every time I open or exit
CodeWright. The message says: <<Can't copy/move file
"C:\...cwright.ini" to backup file "C:\...cwright.bak".>>I have
checked all the obvious permissions and I have done a clean reinstall.
I have also moved the ini file into a different location. Nothing works.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers, David

Re:CodeWright 7.5.5 "Cant copy/move file .. cwright.ini"

Have you checked the permissions on the cwright.bak file? When CW exits it
is trying to rename the cwright.ini to cwright.bak. Make sure that file is
not opened in CW or another editor. Are you able to delete the cwright.bak?
If you do delete cwright.bak does the error happen after that? Check to see
if there are any other cwright.bak files on your computer that it may be
finding? If you find them try removing them and try CW again.
- Chris

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I have just started to get an error message every time I open or exit
>CodeWright. The message says: <<Can't copy/move file
>"C:\...cwright.ini" to backup file "C:\...cwright.bak".>>I have
>checked all the obvious permissions and I have done a clean reinstall.
>I have also moved the ini file into a different location. Nothing works.
>
>Any advice would be appreciated.
>
>Cheers, David
I have checked permissions and rights and I have full permissions and
the files are not protected. If the cwright.bak file is present when
CodeWright opens then I get the error when the program opens. If I
erase it first then the program opens ok. However, on exit it creates a
file cwright.000 and gives the error message about unable to copy/move
cwright.bak.
Any help would be appreciated.
David Flory

{smallsort}