Installing problem

2007-01-11 12:13:38 AM
off-topic18
I use the InstalshieldExpress of the C++ Builder 6, version 3.03.
My application don't use any alias but use the BDE.
I insert the merge module BDE_PRO in the installer of my application.
I install it in a Pc with Window 2000 that had the BDE installed, and my
installer overwrite the idapi32.cfg file so the other application lose the
ALIAS setting.
Also when I remove my application the BDE is removed, and the other
application can't work anymore.
Any idea what is wrong ?
Best Regards
Roberto Parmeggiani
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Installing problem

Hi,
I forget to tell that I use the bde_pro.msm that is dated 01 February 2002
and is long 4.373 KB ( 4.477.440 byte ).
Best Regards
Roberto Parmeggiani
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
"Roberto Parmeggiani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:Installing problem

Hello:
I've installed recently Borland v5.02 in "D:\Program Files" and I've created
a small project.
In fact, I prefer use a good external text editor (emeditor) better than the
one in the IDE. I generated the make file, when I launch the make utility in
a command window, I've errors, it appears that the space in "Program files"
cause
problem, although launching the make from inside the ide work perfectly.
In Options -->Project -->directories, I've tried using commas like
"d:\program files\compiler\bc5\include", I generate the new makefile, it
didn't work
I tried also putting progra~1 instead of Program Files, still not working.
Any idea?? (I prefer keep it installed in Program Files)
Another question: always when I start the IDE, I've an error:
BCW.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point I_RpctransClientReallocBuffer could not be located
in the dynamic link library RPCRT4.dll
But when I click OK, it start and run normally, my OS is WINXP SP2 (I didn't
have this message when I worked previously under win98)
thanks
Maurice

Re:Installing problem

Along with 32 bit Windows BC++ also supports 16 bit Windows and DOS. In
doing so it handles filenames such as are common to all. That is why it was
configured ofr the default installation location to not be "Program Files".
That name is both too long and contains a space.
Uninstall and install again but into a directory structure containing no
long file names, a structure whose directories have base names of no more
than 8 characters and no spaces or special characters, with an optional
extension of no more than 3 characters, again with no spaces and no special
characters.
For example, the directory into which my copy of BC++ 5.02 is located is
D:\BCPP
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Along with 32 bit Windows BC++ also supports 16 bit Windows and DOS. In
doing so it handles filenames such as are common to all. That is why it
was configured ofr the default installation location to not be "Program
Files". That name is both too long and contains a space.

Uninstall and install again but into a directory structure containing no
long file names, a structure whose directories have base names of no more
than 8 characters and no spaces or special characters, with an optional
extension of no more than 3 characters, again with no spaces and no
special characters.

For example, the directory into which my copy of BC++ 5.02 is located is
D:\BCPP

. Ed

>Maurice wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello:
>I've installed recently Borland v5.02 in "D:\Program Files" and I've
>created
>a small project.
>In fact, I prefer use a good external text editor (emeditor) better than
>the
>one in the IDE. I generated the make file, when I launch the make utility
>in
>a command window, I've errors, it appears that the space in "Program
>files"
>cause
>problem, although launching the make from inside the ide work perfectly.
>In Options -->Project -->directories, I've tried using commas like
>"d:\program files\compiler\bc5\include", I generate the new makefile, it
>didn't work
>I tried also putting progra~1 instead of Program Files, still not
>working.
>
>Any idea?? (I prefer keep it installed in Program Files)
>
>Another question: always when I start the IDE, I've an error:
>BCW.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>The procedure entry point I_RpctransClientReallocBuffer could not be
>located
>in the dynamic link library RPCRT4.dll
>But when I click OK, it start and run normally, my OS is WINXP SP2 (I
>didn't
>have this message when I worked previously under win98)

Thank you
Maurice

Re:Installing problem

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Along with 32 bit Windows BC++ also supports 16 bit Windows and DOS. In
doing so it handles filenames such as are common to all. That is why it
was configured ofr the default installation location to not be "Program
Files". That name is both too long and contains a space.

Uninstall and install again but into a directory structure containing no
long file names, a structure whose directories have base names of no more
than 8 characters and no spaces or special characters, with an optional
extension of no more than 3 characters, again with no spaces and no
special characters.

For example, the directory into which my copy of BC++ 5.02 is located is
D:\BCPP

. Ed

>Maurice wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello:
>I've installed recently Borland v5.02 in "D:\Program Files" and I've
>created
>a small project.
>In fact, I prefer use a good external text editor (emeditor) better than
>the
>one in the IDE. I generated the make file, when I launch the make utility
>in
>a command window, I've errors, it appears that the space in "Program
>files"
>cause
>problem, although launching the make from inside the ide work perfectly.
>In Options -->Project -->directories, I've tried using commas like
>"d:\program files\compiler\bc5\include", I generate the new makefile, it
>didn't work
>I tried also putting progra~1 instead of Program Files, still not
>working.
>
>Any idea?? (I prefer keep it installed in Program Files)
>
>Another question: always when I start the IDE, I've an error:
>BCW.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>The procedure entry point I_RpctransClientReallocBuffer could not be
>located
>in the dynamic link library RPCRT4.dll
>But when I click OK, it start and run normally, my OS is WINXP SP2 (I
>didn't
>have this message when I worked previously under win98)

hello back:
I've installed Borland v5.02 now in d:\bc5
I still have the same problem, too much warnings and errors if i launch the
make externally from a command line window, but run perfectly from inside
the ide.
I've uploaded the project to borland.public.cpp.attachements if you like to
have a look.
Thank you
Maurice

Re:Installing problem

I am not near the machine on which BC++ 5.02 is installed. Later when I am
near it I will try what you posted.
It would be helpful if you showed the text of some of the warnings and
errors.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
I am not near the machine on which BC++ 5.02 is installed. Later when I am
near it I will try what you posted.

It would be helpful if you showed the text of some of the warnings and
errors.
He did.
The commandline make is 5.2, the bcc is BDS2006.
He says the IDE is BC++5.02, so not too surprising
the 5.02 OWL code doesn't compile cleanly with BDS.

Re:Installing problem

"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:

>I am not near the machine on which BC++ 5.02 is installed. Later when I
>am
>near it I will try what you posted.
>
>It would be helpful if you showed the text of some of the warnings and
>errors.

He did.
The commandline make is 5.2, the bcc is BDS2006.
He says the IDE is BC++5.02, so not too surprising
the 5.02 OWL code doesn't compile cleanly with BDS.

Hello:
Yes, in fact I have both Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer and Borland 5.02 installed.
I verified the PATH variable, the "bin" folder of BDS preced the one of
v5.02. I've changed it manually, and now it's working.
Thanks for help
Maurice

Re:Installing problem

>He did.
>The commandline make is 5.2, the bcc is BDS2006.
>He says the IDE is BC++5.02, so not too surprising
>the 5.02 OWL code doesn't compile cleanly with BDS.

Hello:
Yes, in fact I have both Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer and Borland 5.02 installed.
I verified the PATH variable, the "bin" folder of BDS preced the one of
v5.02. I've changed it manually, and now it's working.
Thanks for help
Maurice

Hello, Maurice,
Do you know that if you upgrade to OWLNext:
owlnext.sourceforge.net/
you should be able to build your project with Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer.
Jogy

Re:Installing problem

"Jogy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>He did.
>>The commandline make is 5.2, the bcc is BDS2006.
>>He says the IDE is BC++5.02, so not too surprising
>>the 5.02 OWL code doesn't compile cleanly with BDS.
>>

>Hello:
>Yes, in fact I have both Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer and Borland 5.02
>installed.
>I verified the PATH variable, the "bin" folder of BDS preced the one of
>v5.02. I've changed it manually, and now it's working.
>Thanks for help
>Maurice

Hello, Maurice,

Do you know that if you upgrade to OWLNext:
owlnext.sourceforge.net/

you should be able to build your project with Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer.

Jogy
Thank you very much
Maurice