Re: BDE depreciated

2003-07-10 08:48:35 AM
off-topic19
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
BDE has not been deprecated. SQL Links has. Development on the BDE has
stopped but Borland intends to keep shipping it. See
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,28688,00.html

I have read your article and John Kaster's article about the future of the
BDE. However, it is still not clear to me if ODBC via the BDE will continue
to work indefinitely. We have paradox scripts and quattro pro macros that
use this kind of connection to reach Interbase with no other possibility
other than the BDE-ODBC option.
Is ODBC access via the BDE handled with SQL Links (and therefore
deprecated)?
thanks.