Delphi 2005: Delphi or Delphi.NET?

2005-05-07 05:55:45 AM
off-topic12
I have been filing my reports under the Product "Delphi" and version of
"9.0". Should I be filing my reports under "Delphi.NET" instead? Should
I go change my reports to be "Delphi.NET"?

Re:Delphi 2005: Delphi or Delphi.NET?

Kyle A. Miller wrote:
I have been filing my reports under the Product "Delphi" and version
of "9.0". Should I be filing my reports under "Delphi.NET" instead?
Should I go change my reports to be "Delphi.NET"?
Are your reports specific to .NET?
--
web: www.jed-software.com
blog: jedqc.blogspot.com

Kyle A. Miller wrote:
I have been filing my reports under the Product "Delphi" and version
of "9.0". Should I be filing my reports under "Delphi.NET" instead?
Should I go change my reports to be "Delphi.NET"?
Delphi 2005 supports multiple languages (C# and Delphi, with C++ coming
in the future) and multiple platforms (Win32 and .NET). You might be
using the refactoring engine for a Delphi for .NET application, and
encounter a bug. Before entering the report under the Delphi for .NET
project, you should check and see if the bug occurs with any other
language or platform the IDE supports. If it does, you should report it
under the main project (in this case, Delphi) rather than a language or
platform specific project, like Delphi for .NET or C#.
I hope that helps. I know it's more work to verify the bug against
another language or platform. If you can't do that, just report it
where you think it best belongs (you'll never get chastised for
reporting a bug!) and the sysops can help determine how to categorize
it before promoting a verified report.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

{smallsort}

JED wrote:
Are your reports specific to .NET?
John clarified for me. Thanks.

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
I hope that helps. I know it's more work to verify the bug against
another language or platform. If you can't do that, just report it
where you think it best belongs (you'll never get chastised for
reporting a bug!) and the sysops can help determine how to categorize
it before promoting a verified report.
Thanks for the information. I think I will have to go back and edit only
a few projects.
As Delphi grows in capability, it's going to make things confusing. QC
client is going to need "New Report" wizard which interviews the user to
get the proper answers. :-)

Kyle A. Miller wrote:
As Delphi grows in capability, it's going to make things confusing.
QC client is going to need "New Report" wizard which interviews the
user to get the proper answers. :-)
Please don't give John any new ideas
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Kyle A. Miller wrote:

>As Delphi grows in capability, it's going to make things confusing.
>QC client is going to need "New Report" wizard which interviews the
>user to get the proper answers. :-)

Please don't give John any new ideas
I'd guess it's far more likely to be validation of an idea he's had
kicking around for a while, just hasn't mentioned yet! <g>
-Brion

Kyle A. Miller wrote:
As Delphi grows in capability, it's going to make things confusing.
QC client is going to need "New Report" wizard which interviews the
user to get the proper answers. :-)
Funny you should mention that. I've been talking about that w/ Nick on
and off for several months.
--

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Please don't give John any new ideas
It's way, way, WAY too late for that already! :P
--

Brion L. Webster wrote:
I'd guess it's far more likely to be validation of an idea he's had
kicking around for a while, just hasn't mentioned yet! <g>
Gulp. You're starting to know me far too well, Brion!