New in Starteam

2005-08-31 06:15:00 AM
off-topic10
I have just installed StarTeam 2K5, but when I tried to use it, I found the
following problem. All my projects are in a Windows 2K3 Server. The server
has a hard drive divided into two partitions (C and D). The projects are
located in drive D. When I create a starteam project (COSTUMERS) , it ask me
for the folder where the project is. I tell it the it is in "D:\Delphi
Projects\Costumers". I add the files to project and everything seems fine.
On a workstation I install the client, open the project, but when I try to
check out, it tells me that it can create "D:\Delphi Projects\Costumers". It
really can not create it because D is the CDROM drive. I tried to change the
default workimg folder for COSTUMERS projects, but I could not. How do I
solve this problems? Does anyone have any sugestion?
Thanks for your attention, Claudio

Re:New in Starteam

Try going to View->Properties, and changing the working folder there. Since
it sounds like one workstation uses C:\ and another uses D:\, I'd recommend
that you set the "Alternate" working folder path. This allows you to specify
a working folder path that's specific to that workstation only.

Claudio Diginet wrote:
I have just installed StarTeam 2K5, but when I tried to use it, I found the
following problem. All my projects are in a Windows 2K3 Server. The server
has a hard drive divided into two partitions (C and D). The projects are
located in drive D. When I create a starteam project (COSTUMERS) , it ask me
for the folder where the project is. I tell it the it is in "D:\Delphi
Projects\Costumers". I add the files to project and everything seems fine.
On a workstation I install the client, open the project, but when I try to
check out, it tells me that it can create "D:\Delphi Projects\Costumers". It
really can not create it because D is the CDROM drive. I tried to change the
default workimg folder for COSTUMERS projects, but I could not. How do I
solve this problems? Does anyone have any sugestion?

Thanks for your attention, Claudio

Are you using absolute and relative paths? I would guess if use a
relative path it might solve the problem.

{smallsort}

Re:New in Starteam

The porblem was solved. Thanks for your help.
"Steve" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem