Programmers: I need help with Delphi3 pascal!

Calling all delphi programmers!!!!
I'm new at pascal(Delphi3).  i need to know how this would look in delphi
pascal.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  I sure could use the help.
maybe someone could point me in the right direction. PLEASE!
thanks in advance,

AndyF...@AOL.com

Request the following from the Dividends, Interest, and Other Income Table
under the
Interest section:

1. U.S. Government Obligations
2. Bank Deposit
3. Other Taxable
4. Foreign Income
5. Add the Amounts from line #1 through Line #4 above. Result equals-Total
Interest
Income for Federal Allocation for Fees
6. Request Interest(line 4a) from the Partnership detail screen.  If more
than one
Partnership then sum all the Interest amounts first.
7. Request Interest(line 4a) from the S-Corp detail screen.  If more than one
S-Corp
then sum all the interest amounts first.
8.  Request Interest(line 1) from the Trust/Estate detail screen.  If more
than one
Trust/Estate then sum all the interest amounts first.
9.  Add the amounts from line#5 through #8 above.  Result equals-Total Interest
Income.

***An Interest Statement should be printed for back up purposes***

Re:Programmers: I need help with Delphi3 pascal!

> I'm new at pascal(Delphi3).  i need to know how this would look in delphi
> pascal.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  I sure could use the help.
> maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Assuming you are using a database this looks like a request
for SQL not Pascal!

> Request the following from the Dividends, Interest, and Other Income Table
> under the Interest section:

> 1. U.S. Government Obligations
> 2. Bank Deposit
> 3. Other Taxable
> 4. Foreign Income

Use a TQuery to get the info from the tables into a Fields structure then populate
a formwith the result(or use data aware controls -  RTFM)

> 5. Add the Amounts from line #1 through Line #4 above. Result equals-Total
> Interest
> Income for Federal Allocation for Fees

Either sum the above values obtained from the TFields or from the form (use String
to number conversion routines - see help for a list) OR Use another TQuery and get
SQL to do it in a TQuery (SELECT A+B+C+D from... )

> 6. Request Interest(line 4a) from the Partnership detail screen.  If more
> than one Partnership then sum all the Interest amounts first.

Assuming you put the Partner into a combo box or list box you canget the number of
items from that to detect whether you need to do the summation

if myComboBox.Items.Count >1 then
    // sum items here as above

> 7. Request Interest(line 4a) from the S-Corp detail screen.  If more than one
> S-Corp then sum all the interest amounts first.

As above

> 8.  Request Interest(line 1) from the Trust/Estate detail screen.  If more
> than one Trust/Estate then sum all the interest amounts first.

And again

> 9.  Add the amounts from line#5 through #8 above.  Result equals-Total Interest
> Income.

Could be done programmatically or in SQL via a TQuery - see top point.

> ***An Interest Statement should be printed for back up purposes***

Either use write[ln] or a QuickReport component...

Alan G.

Other Threads