Using the Delphi 3 math unit in Delphi 1

I need to port a delphi 3 program that uses the math.pas to delphi 1. The math
unit won't compile under delphi 1. Most functions use assembler which D1
doesn't like. Does anyone know how to get it to work or is there another unit
out there that will. I especially need to calculate Internal Rate of Return.
Thanks in advance.

Re:Using the Delphi 3 math unit in Delphi 1

: prec...@aol.com (Precfin) wrote:
>I need to port a delphi 3 program that uses the math.pas to delphi 1. The math
>unit won't compile under delphi 1. Most functions use assembler which D1
>doesn't like. Does anyone know how to get it to work or is there another unit
>out there that will. I especially need to calculate Internal Rate of Return.
>Thanks in advance.

Conditionally define "out" the assembler stuff, e.g. {$IFDEF Win32}
function IntPower() .... {$ENDIF}

There is no problem in translating the 32bit assembler to meaningful
16bit assembler equivalents - I have successfully done this (and
cannot distribute it, as it would constitute a violation of the
licence agreement).

--
mailto:Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads