Output text with TRANSLUCENT background?

This should be simple...

I'm outputting text to a TBitMap using TextOut, and find the region occupying the text background is
not translucent as I want.

In my pre-Delphi days (on my DOS platform), there was a way of toggling a "translucent background"
mode ON or OFF.  And if I DID want a text background color, I'd set this translucent flag to OFF and
identify the desired background color.

I'm sure Delphi can do this too, but I can't seem to find it in any documentation.

Any help?  Thanks for reading this post.

Steve Vinson

Re:Output text with TRANSLUCENT background?

svin...@stockblocks.com wrote:

> This should be simple...

> I'm outputting text to a TBitMap using TextOut, and find the region occupying the text background is
> not translucent as I want.

> In my pre-Delphi days (on my DOS platform), there was a way of toggling a "translucent background"
> mode ON or OFF.  And if I DID want a text background color, I'd set this translucent flag to OFF and
> identify the desired background color.

> I'm sure Delphi can do this too, but I can't seem to find it in any documentation.

> Any help?  Thanks for reading this post.

> Steve Vinson

Remember those old dos days and the amount of work we did to get
anything to the screen? Thank god that is over with.  You can still use
the same idea you once used.  Look up the  method SetBkMode.

Other Threads