TidFTP Indy Blocking Question

I have a simple question regarding how blocking works when using
multiple instances of a a TIdFTP object.

Say I have multiple threads in an application each with their own
instance of a TIdFTP.  Can each of the TIdFTP objects send data
simultaneously (a PUT) or will they send the data serially?

That is, if I start a PUT of a 1 MB file from one thread and then start
another 1 MB PUT from a second thread immediately after the first thread
began (again, using two separate instances of TIdFTP) will the second
TIdFTP be blocked from sending until the first one finishes, or does
blocking only apply to a specific instance within a thread?

I'm a bit confused on how blocking works and specifically how it would
apply in my example.

Any feedback would be appreaciated.

Thanks ...

Randy

Re:TidFTP Indy Blocking Question

Randy Vose <rjv...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I have a simple question regarding how blocking works when using
> multiple instances of a a TIdFTP object.

> Say I have multiple threads in an application each with their own
> instance of a TIdFTP.  Can each of the TIdFTP objects send data
> simultaneously (a PUT) or will they send the data serially?

Both TidFTP instances will send data 'simultaneously'.   I've done
this often & it works fine with Indy.

Rgds,
Martin

Other Threads