How to send a message to a TObject descedant

Hi,
Inside the "VCL Reference Help" wrote that
  TObject encapsulates the fundamental behavior common to all
  objects in Delphi by introducing interfaces for methods that
  provides:
       --- Support for message-handling.

But the TObject dose don have a HADNLE, How do I send a message to a
TObject descedant ?  ( use SendMessage or PostMessage API)

Thanks !
IceAxe

Re:How to send a message to a TObject descedant

Use TObject.Dispatch

Re:How to send a message to a TObject descedant

On Sat, 08 Aug 1998 19:53:40 GMT, har...@email.gcn.net.tw (Edward )
wrote:

> How do I send a message to a TObject descedant ?

Either a) desend your object from TControl, so it does have a handle,
or b) use the AllocHWnd method to allocate a window handle for your
non-TControl descendant. See the TTimer implementation in the VCL
source code for an example.

--
Rick Rogers (TeamB) | Fenestra Technologies
http://www.fenestra.com/

Other Threads