Black highlight in RichEdit

When highlighting text in a RichEdit it seems to use its own idea of
what is the opposite of a color for the highlighted text. So instead of
using the clHighlight colour as specifed by the system like every other
control does it will invert the colours. If you have a white backgroud
with black text it makes the text white and the background black when on
the default colors it should make the text white and the background
Navy. Is there any way that I can change this?
--
Ian Dunn                     I...@polyhedron.com

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics

************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Re:Black highlight in RichEdit

> When highlighting text in a RichEdit it seems to use its own idea of
> what is the opposite of a color for the highlighted text. So instead of
> using the clHighlight colour as specifed by the system like every other
> control does it will invert the colours.

Ian,

there is a method to this madness. A rich edit control can display text in
several colors, mixed ad lib. If the control would use the standard
highlighting procedure it would make the text invisible for some color
combinations. I'm not aware of a method to change the highlighting method.