Dbase Files damaged

Once long ago when Delphi first came out I ran into a problem where FoxPro
and dBase were accessing the same files.  Delphi (or the BDE) reported
these files as damaged.  I found a utility that cured the problem, but it
was in dBase.

The apps written in FoxPro and Dbase work fine, it's the newer apps
utilizing the BDE that have problems.

Evidently there is a ID field in the header record of these files that only
certain values are allowed now.

Borland has several DOS utilities addressing like problems, but not this
one specifically.

Has anyone done something addressing this problem or seen a site with a
download on the Internet.

Thanks in advance...

Jim Quarles