Connecting to MS Access Database using D3.0 Std

Hi guys,

I've been trying with very little succes to connect to an Access97
database.  I know that my version will not allow me to go through ODBC
but I thought there was a way to use the native MSACCESS type in BDE to
set up an alias.  I've tried setting up an alias of type MSACCESS in the
BDE Administrator but when I try to connect to it in Delphi I get an
error saying 'Cannot load an IDAPI service library. Alias:
<aliasname>'.  Can someone please help me.  I am knew to Delphi so a
detailed explanation would be very nice.

Please reply by email as well.

Simon