Help : Simple DLL creation ? (previous post was snipped)

Hi,

Just got Delphi 1 on PCW mag. Haven't seen PASCAL for  a long time now :)
Looks good so far ...

Anyhow, the help files give an example of a DLL with min and max functions.

Can somebody give me a simple STEPWISE description of how to create
a DLL with these functions.

It's a bit unclear to me what goes into the project (or units) or whatever

Any help would be great.

Next, assuming that I can manage the above ...
could someone give me a simple piece of code which opens and reads some
data
from a file. I need to write a function to process a file and place that
function
in a DLL to be called from VB etc.

 Anything to get me started...

TIA
Ronan

(Any e-mail would be appreciated and acknowledged)