RGB values for defautl TColor's

Hi,

How do I find out the RGB values for Delphi's default TColor's?
I'm trying to create the appearance of "transparent" bitmap images
on a form, so I thought of setting the backgroud of the bitmaps to
the color of the form.  Is there a better way of doing this?  I
don't like this because the color the form becomes static and fixed.

Thanks for any comments.

Francis Chang

Re:RGB values for defautl TColor's

On 18 Dec 1995 18:34:12 GMT, fran...@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Francis

Chang) wrote:
>Hi,

>How do I find out the RGB values for Delphi's default TColor's?
>I'm trying to create the appearance of "transparent" bitmap images
>on a form, so I thought of setting the backgroud of the bitmaps to
>the color of the form.  Is there a better way of doing this?  I
>don't like this because the color the form becomes static and fixed.

1. Call ColorToRGB, which takes a TColor argument and returns an RGB
result.

2. See the documentation for BrushCopy, which is an easier way to
achieve the same result.
--
Ray Lischner         (li...@tempest-sw.com)
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA

li...@tempest-sw.com (Ray Lischner) wrote:
>On 18 Dec 1995 18:34:12 GMT, fran...@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Francis
>Chang) wrote:
>>Hi,

>>How do I find out the RGB values for Delphi's default TColor's?
>>I'm trying to create the appearance of "transparent" bitmap images
>>on a form, so I thought of setting the backgroud of the bitmaps to
>>the color of the form.  Is there a better way of doing this?  I
>>don't like this because the color the form becomes static and fixed.
>1. Call ColorToRGB, which takes a TColor argument and returns an RGB
>result.
>2. See the documentation for BrushCopy, which is an easier way to
>achieve the same result.

That is if you only have a one color background... If you want it
transparent over another picture that takes a bit more work.
>--
>Ray Lischner         (li...@tempest-sw.com)
>Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA

Other Threads