BDE Installation in Citrix/Metaframe

We are currently involved in installing our application (CBuilder 4 App &
BDE with Paradox Files) on a Citrix/Metaframe Server and are experiencing
some problems that have manifested themselves in the Citrix environment,
that have never been present when running on a Peer to Peer network.

Our first problem, was that we discovered that the LOCAL SHARE was not set
to TRUE.  That solved some of the Record Locking problems, but we are now
encountering this "TABLE BUSY" message on tables that never are opened for
exclusive use.  That seems rather strange.  In addition, we have been
experiencing some problems with KEY VIOLATIONS, which we have never
experienced in our application on a local area network.

As I was reading through some of the postings in the Newsgroups, I notice
that one person had made some comments relative to having a separate
installation of the BDE for each user in Citrix.  Is that necessary?  If so,
how do you do that in Citrix, would it be installed on the Local Drive that
is assigned in Citrix for each user?  One person had also mentioned that
they needed to have the network drive mapped to something other than C:.  Is
that true?

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what may be required for a
successful Citrix installation with the BDE etc.?  If not, does anyone have
any other contacts that have some expertise in this?

Any help or suggestions that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - George Prins

Re:BDE Installation in Citrix/Metaframe

I had an application running on Citrix with many instances running, but
against a  SQL server.
I also remember us running into a problem like this sometime earlier this
year, try www.google.com search the delphi newsgroup, since it should be on
there somewhere. It might have had something to do with rows returned etc.
Sorry I cant help more right now.

"George Prins" <gp...@planet.eon.net> wrote in message

> We are currently involved in installing our application (CBuilder 4 App &
> BDE with Paradox Files) on a Citrix/Metaframe Server and are experiencing
> some problems that have manifested themselves in the Citrix environment,
> that have never been present when running on a Peer to Peer network.

> Our first problem, was that we discovered that the LOCAL SHARE was not set
> to TRUE.  That solved some of the Record Locking problems, but we are now
> encountering this "TABLE BUSY" message on tables that never are opened for
> exclusive use.  That seems rather strange.  In addition, we have been
> experiencing some problems with KEY VIOLATIONS, which we have never
> experienced in our application on a local area network.

> As I was reading through some of the postings in the Newsgroups, I notice
> that one person had made some comments relative to having a separate
> installation of the BDE for each user in Citrix.  Is that necessary?  If
so,
> how do you do that in Citrix, would it be installed on the Local Drive
that
> is assigned in Citrix for each user?  One person had also mentioned that
> they needed to have the network drive mapped to something other than C:.
Is
> that true?

> Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what may be required for a
> successful Citrix installation with the BDE etc.?  If not, does anyone
have
> any other contacts that have some expertise in this?

> Any help or suggestions that you could provide would be greatly
appreciated.

> Thanks - George Prins

Other Threads