Help!. Getting Pdox message when accessing dbase tables

I have written a multiuser app in 16bit Delphi that has its tables stored
on a fileserver. The tables are all Dbase files. Each workstation that
runs the app has a BDE alias pointing to the directory on the fileserver
that contains the shared tables. The problem is that, occasionally, one
of the workstations displays the following error message :

        Multiple NET files in use : \hpdoxusers.lck
        table: _QB000

This seems to be a paradox related lock file. Why am I getting this message
when I am using only dbase tables and the BDE alias is set up for DBASE
driver ?

As an aside, this happens during the preparation for printing a report. The
code uses a Tquery to gather the info needed for the report. I believe it is
the Tquery that is causing the error.

I would appreciate ANY help. Thanks.

Reyaz
R.Rah...@geac.com

Re:Help!. Getting Pdox message when accessing dbase tables

Reyaz Raheem (R.Rah...@geac.com) wrote:

: I have written a multiuser app in 16bit Delphi that has its tables stored
: on a fileserver. The tables are all Dbase files. Each workstation that
: runs the app has a BDE alias pointing to the directory on the fileserver
: that contains the shared tables. The problem is that, occasionally, one
: of the workstations displays the following error message :

:         Multiple NET files in use : \hpdoxusers.lck
:         table: _QB000

: This seems to be a paradox related lock file. Why am I getting this message
: when I am using only dbase tables and the BDE alias is set up for DBASE
: driver ?

Because the BDE will create temporary tables, which may be
Paradox tables.

The problem is just what it says: not all of the users have the
BDE configured to point to the same network lock file.

If you need more detailed information, this question has been asked
and answered often in this group; look for older messages here or at
http://www.dejanews.com/    Or check the TI docs on this topic.
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net