Report Builder Exporting Data

            I am trying to export data from a Report Builder Report

        into EXCEL. I was going to send data into a DBF file thru hard code
        Does anybody know an easier way to export to Excel It doesn't
        have to be thru a DBF file
        Thanks for help in advance

        Doug Hughes

Re:Report Builder Exporting Data

Doug,

>             I am trying to export data from a Report Builder Report

>         into EXCEL. I was going to send data into a DBF file thru hard code
>         Does anybody know an easier way to export to Excel It doesn't
>         have to be thru a DBF file
>         Thanks for help in advance

You can use the print to file feature in ReportBuilder to accomplish
this.

From the report designer, select the File|Print To File Setup... option
to access the print to file setup dialog. Specify the file name and
select comma delimited as the format - Excel can import this with no
problem. Now select the components in each band that you want to export
(you can also specifiy the order of the fields). Once you have done
this, when you print the report a dialog will give you the option of
sending the output to the printer OR to the file.

There are some examples of print to file in the
RBuilder\Demos\Reports\Demo.dpr application.

Cheers,

--
Nard Moseley            mailto:n...@digital-metaphors.com
Digital Metaphors       http://www.digital-metaphors.com