Losing MDI child border icons

Hi,

I've got an odd problem in an MDI application compiled with Delphi 5
running on Windows 9X...

If I open a child window and then maximize it, all is fine.  If I then
open another MDI child, the second is displayed maximized with no
upper-left icon or upper-right buttons (i.e. minimize, maximize,
close).  By opening subsequent MDI children I can eventually get the
icon and buttons to reappear, but as soon as the mouse passes over the
window menu, the icon and buttons disappear, and the menu is repainted
garbled (it is repainted further to the left, since the upper-left icon
is now gone, but the image of the menu in its original position remains,
giving a bit of a double-vision effect).

If I subsequently cascade the open MDI children, some are displayed
without these border elements, while others have them.

The same executable run under Windows 2000 works perfectly.

The same program compiled under Delphi 3 (which was the case until I got
Delphi 5 just a couple of weeks ago) worked perfectly.

I have applied the Delphi update, but that made no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I only moved to Delphi 5 because
Quick Reports from Delphi 3 weren't working under Windows 2000.  Now
everything is working fine under Win2K, but I've got this weird problem
under Windows 9X.

...Blair
Blair Vessey             VES...@UPEI.CA.SPAM.BE.GONE
Systems Manager, University of Prince Edward Island
C{*word*157}tetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 4P3
=-=  Voice: (902) 566-0388 Fax: (902) 566-0958  =-=
"An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure" - Rush
     (stop after the .CA for correct address)

Re:Losing MDI child border icons

I helped myself with the newest comctl32.dll from m$
5.08 is the newest I think.

Keep that file in mind, because it is the main cause for program failure and
missing screen parts in windows. It sucks, but you need it.

Louis

Blair Vessey <ves...@upei.ca> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
39175FE2.976FE...@upei.ca...

> Hi,

> I've got an odd problem in an MDI application compiled with Delphi 5
> running on Windows 9X...

> If I open a child window and then maximize it, all is fine.  If I then
> open another MDI child, the second is displayed maximized with no
> upper-left icon or upper-right buttons (i.e. minimize, maximize,
> close).  By opening subsequent MDI children I can eventually get the
> icon and buttons to reappear, but as soon as the mouse passes over the
> window menu, the icon and buttons disappear, and the menu is repainted
> garbled (it is repainted further to the left, since the upper-left icon
> is now gone, but the image of the menu in its original position remains,
> giving a bit of a double-vision effect).

> If I subsequently cascade the open MDI children, some are displayed
> without these border elements, while others have them.

> The same executable run under Windows 2000 works perfectly.

> The same program compiled under Delphi 3 (which was the case until I got
> Delphi 5 just a couple of weeks ago) worked perfectly.

> I have applied the Delphi update, but that made no difference.

> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I only moved to Delphi 5 because
> Quick Reports from Delphi 3 weren't working under Windows 2000.  Now
> everything is working fine under Win2K, but I've got this weird problem
> under Windows 9X.

> ...Blair
> Blair Vessey             VES...@UPEI.CA.SPAM.BE.GONE
> Systems Manager, University of Prince Edward Island
> C{*word*157}tetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 4P3
> =-=  Voice: (902) 566-0388 Fax: (902) 566-0958  =-=
> "An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure" - Rush
>      (stop after the .CA for correct address)

Other Threads