TCP/IP and ping

I am trying to write a fast ping program, I will need to access ICMP echo
requests outward, and pick up the reply via either WinSock or any Delphi
components. I also want to gain access to UDP at the socket level.

Does anybody know how this would be done, using Delphi 1.

Rathe

Re:TCP/IP and ping

There's some quite good delphi components out on the web where you got
access to ping, telnet, ftp and sockets... one if by Fpiette. Don't know if
it's for D1 as well though.

http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm or something like that.

HTH
  Roel

Neil HOLLINGUM <j...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a fast ping program, I will need to access ICMP echo
> requests outward, and pick up the reply via either WinSock or any Delphi
> components. I also want to gain access to UDP at the socket level.
> Does anybody know how this would be done, using Delphi 1.
> Rathe

Other Threads