Drawing control

When I create a standard SDI application I get a form with a menu and a
speedbar. By default I want the horizontal and vertical scrollbars visible
because I want to make a simple drawing program. So I changed the range
property into 1000 for both directions. By changing this the vertical
scrollbar show up at the right of the form but also at the right of the
speedbar. In other words it is possible to scroll the speedbar off screen.
Of course the speedbar must always be visible but how. I seems to mee that I
want a separate window on the form with its own scrollbars and drawing
capabilities Are the such a controls in Delphi ?

Thanks

J. van Bussel

Re:Drawing control

[...]

J. -
I just went through a similar exercise.  My solution was to drop a scrollbox
on the form and put all my drawing objects in it.
Jack

J.G.P. van Bussel wrote in message <6keud4$qr...@news.bart.net>...
>When I create a standard SDI application I get a form with a menu and a
>speedbar. By default I want the horizontal and vertical scrollbars visible
>because I want to make a simple drawing program. So I changed the range
>property into 1000 for both directions. By changing this the vertical
>scrollbar show up at the right of the form but also at the right of the
>speedbar. In other words it is possible to scroll the speedbar off screen.
>Of course the speedbar must always be visible but how. I seems to mee that
>want a separate window on the form with its own scrollbars and drawing
>capabilities Are the such a controls in Delphi ?

>Thanks

>J. van Bussel

Re:Drawing control

When I create a standard SDI application I get a form with a menu and a
speedbar. By default I want the horizontal and vertical scrollbars visible
because I want to make a simple drawing program. So I changed the range
property into 1000 for both directions. By changing this the vertical
scrollbar show up at the right of the form but also at the right of the
speedbar. In other words it is possible to scroll the speedbar off screen.
Of course the speedbar must always be visible but how. I seems to mee that I
want a separate window on the form with its own scrollbars and drawing
capabilities Are the such a controls in Delphi ?

Thanks

J. van Bussel

Other Threads