D3: TDateTimePicker date format problem

Okay, I really like the TDateTimePicker component, BUT (isn't there always?) I
want the date to show a four digit year, and I cannot, for the life of me,
figure out how.  The only valid values for 'DateFormat' property seem to be
'dfShort' and 'dfLong'.  The short shows two digit years, and the long is,
well ... long.  I tried changing the SysUtil 'ShortDateFormat' variable, but
that did not work.  Do I have to change the Windows date format itself?
I tried the TDBDateTimePicker component from the Super Page, and it is nice, but
even chaning the 'DisplayFormat' of the underlying persistent field object did
not help.