Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:

http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html

you will see that:

"The Borland Delphi Team, as part of its ongoing market research, would
greatly appreciate your feedback on the need for a new version of 16-bit
Delphi (Delphi 1.5). "

So don't miss the chance to have impact on the new release and fill out
the survey.

Michael

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:49:01 GMT, Michael Beck <michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com>
wrote:

:Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
:developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:
:http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html

Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
do 32-bit development at this point.

-----
Kerry Sanders
http://www.mindspring.com/~ksanders/

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

In article <4v4pfm$...@mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
John M. Miano <mi...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
>survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.

>John

It worked fine for me.  1.5 Yes!  I used Netscape 2.02.

- David

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

On Sat, 17 Aug 96 15:45:55 GMT, mi...@worldnet.att.net (John M. Miano)
you smacked the keyboard repeatedly to write:

>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
>survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.

It worked fine for me.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

John M. Miano wrote:
> Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
> survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.

Hey, maybe you should fill in _all_ the fields?  I had no trouble.  But
then I _did_ fill in all the fields.

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

Michael Beck <michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com> wrote:
>Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
>developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:
>http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html
>you will see that:

>"The Borland Delphi Team, as part of its ongoing market research, would
>greatly appreciate your feedback on the need for a new version of 16-bit
>Delphi (Delphi 1.5). "
>So don't miss the chance to have impact on the new release and fill out
>the survey.
>Michael

I've been there too.

It will be great, specially for OS/2 WARP Developers!

Go there and answer the survey!

Luis Gonzaga
sl.gonz...@mail.telepac.pt     http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/3226

In article <321662c9.9708...@news.mindspring.com>, code...@mindspring.com wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:49:01 GMT, Michael Beck <michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com>
>wrote:

>:Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
>:developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:
>:http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html

>Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
>Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
>at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
>for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
>do 32-bit development at this point.

Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.

John

World-Wide-Web: The CB Radio of the 90's

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

m>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your

Try something unique, RTFM.  I had not a problem with it earlier today.

Fred
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t A man's got to know his limitations.

mi...@worldnet.att.net (John M. Miano) writes:

>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
>survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.

As others have said, it worked for me. My complaint is more that they are
asking these questions about "Would you like to have xxx feature in
16-bit Delphi" when I don't really know what this "xxx" buzzword means,
because I haven't upgraded to Delphi 2, because I have no 32-bit clients.
I mean I have *some* idea, but I can't really be certain how to set
the priorities until I've used the things, which I'm not about to
do. Maybe it needs a glossary or something.

Luke
--
Luke Webber

* Note: The opinions expressed by Luke Webber are in no way supported *
*       by his employers, Luke Webber Consulting Services             *

Re:Borland seeks your feedback on Delphi 1.5

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:49:01 GMT, Michael Beck

<michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com> wrote:
>Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
>Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
>at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
>for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
>do 32-bit development at this point.

I would love to see better support for people who need both targets.

Trying to support both targets is a real pain, Borland didn't give any
thought at all to running D1 and D2 together.

Different help files with the same names{*word*222}up.

.DPR file are associated with D2, click on a D1 .DPR file by mistake
and D2 will{*word*222}it up for you. Trying to share components between
versions is awful. Different extensions are needed for 16/32 bit
resource and DCU files.

None of this would have been hard to get right initially, not sure it
is going to be so easy to fix.

Cheers Terry...

Terry Harris wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:49:01 GMT, Michael Beck
> <michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com> wrote:

> >Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
> >Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
> >at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
> >for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
> >do 32-bit development at this point.

> I would love to see better support for people who need both targets.

> Trying to support both targets is a real pain, Borland didn't give any
> thought at all to running D1 and D2 together.

> Different help files with the same names{*word*222}up.

> .DPR file are associated with D2, click on a D1 .DPR file by mistake
> and D2 will{*word*222}it up for you. Trying to share components between
> versions is awful. Different extensions are needed for 16/32 bit
> resource and DCU files.

> None of this would have been hard to get right initially, not sure it
> is going to be so easy to fix.

> Cheers Terry...

Hey, Here's a question for you.  What all is involved in trying to
integrate a D1 and D2 application??  I have a 16 bit client which I need
to integrate with some 32 bit server side applications.  Yuk.  Anyway,
I need to try to position the application to work in 16/32 mixed
environments and eventually move them to both a 32 bit environment.

In <19960818.n...@ntpcug.org> fred.willi...@ntpcug.org writes:
>m>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
>Try something unique, RTFM.  I had not a problem with it earlier today.
>Fred

What FM would I R? ;-)  I had the same problem as the first poster.
I also think some questions are skewed--they assume you *will* do the
Win95 (Bob Pro) thing, for example.
--
Frank Burleigh 812-333-7082 (h); 812-855-9170 (o); 812-855-0555 (fax)
School of Law 254, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  47405

In article <4v6t84$...@ozramp.ozramp.net.au> l...@ozramp.ozramp.net.au (Luke Webber) writes:
>As others have said, it worked for me. My complaint is more that they are
>asking these questions about "Would you like to have xxx feature in
>16-bit Delphi" when I don't really know what this "xxx" buzzword means,
>because I haven't upgraded to Delphi 2, because I have no 32-bit clients.
>I mean I have *some* idea, but I can't really be certain how to set
>the priorities until I've used the things, which I'm not about to
>do. Maybe it needs a glossary or something.

That's a great suggestion.  A short, 8-point-type paragraph briefly explaining
what the feature might include, or at least what the buzzword meant.  But this
is obviously an initial survey.

I hope to see LOTS of surveys (hint hint!) from my software suppliers!

/mr/

In article <4v4pfm$...@mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net> mi...@worldnet.att.net (John M. Miano) writes:

>>:Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
>>:developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:
>>:http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html

>>Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
>>Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
>>at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
>>for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
>>do 32-bit development at this point.

>Don't waste your time.  The survey is all F*U*ED.  When you try to submit your
>survey it tells you that you did not fill in all of the fields.
>John

Maybe that was a programming glitch.  Maybe they wrote it in Java.  ;-) ;-)
Anyway it works fine now.

In article <321662c9.9708...@news.mindspring.com> code...@mindspring.com (Kerry Sanders) writes:
>On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:49:01 GMT, Michael Beck <michael.b...@daytonoh.ncr.com>
>wrote:
>:Well, looks like Borland listened to a feedback from many of you and is
>:developing a new version of 16-bit Delphi. If you go to:
>:http://www.borland.com/delphi/survey.html
>Been there, done that.  I would love to see another 16 bit version of Delphi.
>Even though I own Delphi Developer 2.0, I currently using the 16 bit version
>at work, and my customers are not going to be upgrading to Win95 anytime soon
>for the most part, and with very few customers using it, it isn't feasible to
>do 32-bit development at this point.

You echoed my sentiments exactly.  I've got a dual-platform development
situation here, now and for the forseeable future.  I think that a 'two
versions in one box' solution makes the most sense for me -- and I know that's
going to put the price, package-size, etc. up in the league with BC++ 5.0.

I'm prepared to pay the price for that.  This is what I need, this is what I
am prepared to pay for, and I'm extremely pleased to see Borland asking us all
in an organized way to help them set their priorities.

/mr/

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads