How can we upgrade D3+MS SQL6.5 to D3+MS SQL2000

My application uses Delphi3 and MS SQL 6.5.
Now I want to upgrade my application to SQL 2000.
(Since no SQL 6.5 available now)
But I still want to use Delphi3 .

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Re:How can we upgrade D3+MS SQL6.5 to D3+MS SQL2000

I'm not sure whether the BDE will work, so you may need to look for some
replacement ADO dataset components. I used Adonis with D4 with good results.

--
Adroit Software Ltd
------------------------------

"Stephen" <stephen...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> My application uses Delphi3 and MS SQL 6.5.
> Now I want to upgrade my application to SQL 2000.
> (Since no SQL 6.5 available now)
> But I still want to use Delphi3 .

> Do you have any suggestion?

> Thanks!

Re:How can we upgrade D3+MS SQL6.5 to D3+MS SQL2000

agreed. I use Adonis with Delphi 3 in a VERY mission critical app to access
a SQL 7 database - SQL 2000 is not significantly different in this context.

> I'm not sure whether the BDE will work, so you may need to look for some
> replacement ADO dataset components. I used Adonis with D4 with good

results.

Other Threads